Georgia-Atlanta

Planning your own wedding

Ok so I think I can do this any tips, helpful hints, or suggestions.

Re: Planning your own wedding

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Search boards for inspiration photos and settle on a "look and feel" for your wedding and reception.  Then research and ask questions - good, specific questions to the ladies on this board and also the other boards.  You can totally do this.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree def. search different sites/mags for your "inspiration look" and then get some type of binder or wedding planner book to organize everything... You can get caught up and a little overwhelmed with planning it all, but be sure to take some time a way from planning and pace yourself, and def. pick the minds of the ladies here on knot for suggestions and feedback, always helpful
  • edited December 2011
    My mom and I have been the only one planning this wedding so far and at this point we have almost all of the details ironed out.  At first it will seem like a very daunting task but like Lala says take your time and do your best to handle one thing at a time.  When I was multi tasking it felt much more overwhelming to me.  Sometimes you'll get frustrated or feel like it'll never come together.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter hit the send button before I was done.  lol.  Anywho, just know that it will all work out in the end and try your best not to worry about silly little things too much :)
  • ShofShof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning the whole thing myself too!  Get you a big binder with tabs and just start filling it with ideas. Then when you want to focus on one of the tabs you can just focus on 1 thing at a time.  That seems to help me.  I pulled pics of the internet and magazines and put them in the book, then when I was ready I was able to toss the ones that didn't fit with my theme and made it easier.  Plus I had everything in 1 spot.
  • edited December 2011
    I did that same exact binder thing..I got a big binder (in my wedding colors of course) and tabbed it out by section (cake, dress, venue, dj, flowers, etc)...and now I am slowly replacing pics of ideas and names of possibles, and replacing them with contracts! I am loving it!
    I also hired a day-of coordinator, actually slightly more, she will also help me with the rehearsal and some decor.
    *MaryV*
  • jeccaslovejeccaslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Has anyone attended one of those "plan your own wedding" workshops? I have seen some info on one in my area and I wonder how helpful it may be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards