Georgia-Atlanta

Venue Help Madison/Rutledge GA

Hello everyone!

This gets a little complicated I guess to start off. We are looking to get married next Spring/Early Summer of 2013. I am from NJ but we currently live in GA and therefore can have a wedding at either. My mother woud like me to have the wedding in central NJ southern NJ or Philadelphia since that is closest to family. Honestly I don't mind either.

I wanted to have a sunflower field ceremony and then the reception at an inn or nearby a hotel so that guests who have traveled won't have to go far after the reception. 

If in NJ we found a farm for Sunflowers in Chesterfield, NJ but the only two inns and event location I have found so far nearby are Laurita Winery and Fernbrook Inn...both want around 18K and that is much more than I am looking to spend. Perona Farms wasn't quite what I was looking for either. 

If in GA there is a sunflower farm festival in Madison and the same goes for that area. I have founda  few places to have the reception nearby but Variety Works wants 8K just to rent the facility for just the reception. The Atlanta aquarium has a 10K minimum as well.  I have looked into Burnt Pine Weddings as well. Guests would be flying into Atlanta. Any ideas or venues come to mind?

We want to have a rustic wedding - tented reception or at least partially outdoor reception. But I can't even get the reception venues ironed out. I have a year (phew) but need to look into booking, many of these places are already booked for next year. 

Re: Venue Help Madison/Rutledge GA

• Look at Tucker Plantation, its really close to Madison in Colbert, they have a converted barn that you can use for whatever and beautiful grounds.  Plus you can bring all your own vendors, which can save a ton of money.  Its SO pretty there too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the replies! Actually Tucker is about an hour away from the ceremony site so I'm not quite sure how to get everyone from one location to the next. I really enjoyed that venue though. 

I also saw Brady Inn which is nice but they want just 4K just to rent the place, that doesn't then include catering or anything else. I think if I have to spend that much money I'll probably go with the Variety Works for 7500K. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards