Georgia-Atlanta

Overwhelmed!!!

Hey ladies, I just need to vent. My wedding is in three months (July 14) and I'm feeling very much in over my head. My fiance and I encountered a family emergency which took away from wedding funds we had saved, and with three months left there is still much I need to do: Book a photographer, take engagement photos, order wedding cake, finalize dj. I am feeling very overwhelmed. If we could push back the date, we would...but it is not an option at our venue. Is all of this possible in three months?! If so, any tips on getting it all done and keeping a bit of my sanity?

Re: Overwhelmed!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:f57f222a-d75e-48b2-ab21-7c4d30dda02dPost:e5e6921d-d9ba-49cd-83e7-3454c1086a65">Re: Overwhelmed!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I would suggest that you make sure you have paid for your wedding BEFORE you send out the invitations, just in case you have to trim back your guest list. </strong>Since you haven't booked several of your key vendors, there is a good chance you could get a discounted price since your wedding is so close, or could choose a less expensive option.  I think you will feel a LOT better if you are able to have a wedding that you can afford, even if it means cutting back. 
    Posted by RedSoloCup[/QUOTE]

<div>Unless she has sent out STDs. You MUST invite everyone to the wedding that received a STD unless they've done something horrible to be excluded.</div><div>
    </div><div>It would be helpful to know what kind of wedding you are planning. Visit the budget board. They are VERY helpful and have a lot of cost cutting ideas. </div><div>
    </div><div>Here is a list of things off the top of my head that you can do without</div><div>
    </div><div>-- DJ (in certain circumstances)</div><div>--Guest Book</div><div>--Aisle Runner</div><div>--Floral Centerpieces</div><div>--Bouquets (you could insetad have your BMs carry clutches, parasols, etc)</div><div>--Personalized toasting flutes </div><div>--Cake cutting set (borrow one)</div><div>--New Shoes</div><div>--New Jewelry</div><div>--Favors</div><div>--Programs (Unless you are having a very non-traditional or complicated ceremony)</div><div>--Bubbles </div><div>--Wedding gift for your FI and yourself (but still give gifts to parents/WP)</div><div>--Expensive Wedding Cake (Wal-mart does some very nice ones affordably)</div><div>--Grooms Cake</div><div>--Engagement Photos (however, some photographers DO throw these in for free)</div><div>
    </div><div>A few other budget saving ideas:</div><div>
    </div><div>--When booking your photographer - don't be afraid to negotiate. Ask for the bare minimum. Ask to photograph the ceremony and the "important" parts of the reception only. No need to have professional photographs of you getting ready - your BMs can bring a camera. Let your guests provide you with photos of everyone dancing (believe me, there will be plenty). Ask for NO extras - that means no photos, no albums. no fancy effects. The absolute rock bottom pricing would be for an UNEDITED cd of all of your photos. </div><div>
    </div><div>--When booking your DJ, cut back on their hours as well. Go for the minimum. If that means that your ceremony is done on an ipod then so be it.</div><div>
    </div><div>--When ordering wedding cake, go for simple and elegant. Depending on who your caterer is, you may want to consider doing cupcakes. For me, the price of doing cupcakes vs the price of a cake was not much different - however, I did save money on cake cutting fees. </div><div>
    </div><div>Give me more details on your wedding and I might be able to help even more.</div>
  • Of course it is possible. I understand feeling overwhelmed. I am on a tight budget and have felt overwhelmed about the wedding on and off since FI got down on one knee :)

Like PP said if you let us know how much you have available for each vendor we might be able to give you some recommendations.

• It is totally okay to feel overwhelmed. I ink we've all been there or have been there. I don't know where you are getting married, but Avalanche Entertainment is running a fabulous special for DJ services. It's about 400 less than their usual rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards