Georgia-Atlanta

Reception venue in douglasville, ga

Hi everyone! I know this might be a long shot, but i'm planning a wedding for may of next year and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for this area. I have looked at both the centre at arbor connection and at douglasville conference center. The first one offers and all inclusive package (venue, catering, dj, cake, photography and florist) and the other one is just pretty much the place, tables and chairs and use of the kitchen. I am still looking and will make appts for other places here, but just wanted to know if anyone has used them before or heard anything about them. 
Other places i'm planning on looking at are Le Jardin Blanc, Sutton Hall (I think that is what is called) and Hudson by the lake. 

Any help would be appreciated.. and also does anyone have opinions about all inclusive packages?

Thanks!

Re: Reception venue in douglasville, ga

• atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Le Jardin Blanc is gorgeous, although admittedly I don't know too much about their services. It just so pretty and picturesque, I would love to shoot a wedding there :)
    I would definitely go take a look at the property If I were you and see what you think first hand.

I would say avoid all inclusive unless you are prepared to sacrifice your own opinion and any preference in the choice and quality of your vendors. That being said if they have a package that is food/drinks/tables/chairs/wait staff, that can be really convienient.

I live near Douglasville, so I can help with local suggestions if you need any second opinions :) Feel free to PM me anytime!

ciao.
  • edited December 2011

Hudson By The Lake looks more like a campground than a wedding venue.  Have you considered the Arts Center? What are you looking for in a "venue?"  All-inclusive?

I don't know how much their pricing is, but there is also 755 West in Hiram.  It has a lake, etc.  and I think they do catering, etc. on-site.  There are quite a few places in/around Douglasville, and if you tell us what you're looking for, we can help :)  Theme? Ambiance? etc.

I know that mari0225 (I think those are the numbers) lives in Douglasville and is having her wedding reception in Villa Rica.  I live near Douglasville.

• angie1623angie1623 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    thanks! well I was hoping to do an outside tent wedding but I'm not sure it will work. I went to the cultural arts center and liked it enough, however the tent would be placed next to the street and i don't want to deal with noises from cars etc. 
    It does not necessarily have to be all inclusive, but i guess i'm just starting to look and was trying to find out if anyone knew anything about them or whatever :/ I guess i'm still pretty lost in the process.
    All I really want is it to be in dville or close by because the ceremony will be there and i don't want to make my guests travel too far. 

Also i'm not sure if the all inclusive place (the centre) would be a good idea or not.. 
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know what your budget will be?  755 West is pretty cool, and it's about 15 minutes or so from Douglasville so it's not bad of a drive.  I think they have a lake or something for a ceremony as well.

Sullivan House on Powder Springs Road is also an option (in Powder Springs,) but if I remember correctly,they were a little pricey. 

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to have your reception, consider The Ford Center in downtown Powder Springs.  My brother and SIL had a reception when they got back from Jamaica, and I think it was incredibly inexpensive to rent then they got an awesome caterer who did everything from set up to service.
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on how much you want to spend. The Cultural Arts Center in Douglasville is really nice and not very expensive if you just want to use it as your reception venue, but yeah I wouldn't want to deal with the traffic either.

755 West is really nice too but I think it's a little pricey, not sure how much it would be for just a reception though, the grounds are gorgeous! Le Jardin Blanc is also gorgeous and the people are really nice.

I understand about being lost! I feel the same way a lot of times with all this planning and everything you need and have to do!

Congratulations to you!
  • ksale130ksale130 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dunaway Gardens is a great wedding venue.  They are able to do ceremony and reception.  I believe they are located off Roscoe Rd.  Does is have to be Douglasville?  Newnan has some great places depending on size.
  • cnbush99cnbush99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FoxHall is also a neat place.  Outdoor wedding there is wonderful.  ALso check out our photobooths at www.southernnightsphotobooths.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards