Georgia-Atlanta

HELP ME!!!!! August wedding 2012 with NO VENUE!!!! :-(

Hey everyone,

I desperately need help!!!!!!!!I got engaged on Valentine's day 2009 and I recently had a very very small private ceremony with 15 ppl where I was married on January 28 2012. Only a few ppl know we are married and I want to have a "public" ceremony and reception with about a 130 ppl this August....... Only thing is I have been too many many venues here in Atlanta and its either out of the budget or just not what I'm looking for. Our budget is 7,000 and we don't want to travel south past conyers or north past Alpharetta! Is there any hope for us?????

Re: HELP ME!!!!! August wedding 2012 with NO VENUE!!!! :-(

• Piedmont room Morrow has a wedding venue Holiday inn on capitol avenue is $350 to rent the room and the dinner starts a $30 a person. Call the local hotels with ballrooms they seem to get cheaper.
  • Another suggestion for a hotel - try The Westin @ Perimeter.  Also, check The Metropolitan Club (Alpharetta).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_help-me-august-wedding-2012-with-no-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:fe626c83-2eda-41a6-8730-892819f54e9aPost:7359fae0-3240-47f7-a7cf-04d07f21bf03">HELP ME!!!!! August wedding 2012 with NO VENUE!!!! :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, I desperately need help!!!!!!!!I got engaged on Valentine's day 2009 and I recently had a very very small private ceremony with 15 ppl where I was married on January 28 2012. Only a few ppl know we are married and I want to have a "public" ceremony and reception with about a 130 ppl this August....... Only thing is I have been too many many venues here in Atlanta and its either out of the budget or just not what I'm looking for. Our budget is 7,000 and we don't want to travel south past conyers or north past Alpharetta! Is there any hope for us?????
    Posted by Jlaurenashley[/QUOTE]

<div>All of your guests know this is a vow renewal right?</div>
  • Mableton banquet hall can throw you an ENTIRE wedding for $7,000. I'm talking catering, DJ, drinks, linens, decorations, limo, bartender, server. EVERYTHING. This place looks really nice inside too and is newly remodled. It is ideal for a "budget" wedding and Jeannete is great to work with, she will do everything she can for you and time is not a problem for her. I'm not having my wedding there but I am using her service (linens, limo, servers). She used to be a wedding planner in New york and has worked with hollycrest hall before opening her own business. Here is her company number, you'll have to make an appt with her assistant: 770-944-8455. 
    Buying A Home
  • Thank you so much ladies!!!! I will look into them all!!!!! :-)
  • @pokepoke27 no most of them do but not all! :-/
  • You need to make sure your guests know it is a vow renewal and not actually a wedding. 
  • @pokepoke27: I think any of her guests knowing is pretty irrelevant. If they don't know, then they don't know. It doesn't diminish the fact that a wedding is a celebration of marriage, no matter what the format.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_help-me-august-wedding-2012-with-no-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:fe626c83-2eda-41a6-8730-892819f54e9aPost:411ae9c5-4500-4062-b905-b01fc83015ee">Re: HELP ME!!!!! August wedding 2012 with NO VENUE!!!! :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]@pokepoke27: I think any of her guests knowing is pretty irrelevant. If they don't know, then they don't know. It doesn't diminish the fact that a wedding is a celebration of marriage, no matter what the format.
    Posted by KnaijaQueen[/QUOTE]

But it is not her wedding. That was January 28 of this year. The "ceremony" in August is a vow renewal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards