Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Bridesmaids Colors??

Hi Ladies...
Having a tough time deciding what colors to put my bridesmaids in.  Would love to hear what the rest of you are doing!  Thanks for your help!

Re: Bridesmaids Colors??

• Options
    n82ureluvr915n82ureluvr915 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Do you have colors or a theme for your wedding??
  • Options
    My girls are wearing shades of blue 
  • Options
    Black is the easiest thing for you and for them, as far as getting a dress from just about anywhere. You can just tell them black, kneelength, and sleeveless, along with whatever other few parameters you want like fabric, no belt, etc. 

If you go with a color like pink, they will have to get them all from the same designer or else you'll have several shades of pink (unless you don't mind that). Alfred Angelo, David's, and Dessy are good places to look, because you can have maids get different dresses but all the same shade, as long as they can all afford the dresses in those price ranges (usually starting around $100ish, maybe a tad cheaper for sale/older styles, up to $250+). 

There are images on Google of BMs in purposefully different color dresses and they look great. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    My girls are wearing fuchsia, but I really wanted to go with black because it's easier as the pp stated. Do you have a favorite color or a theme selected?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I guess my theme is "vintage"  I really appreciate all of your input!!
  • Options
    My suggestion is to find a bridesmaid dress first, and then choose a color that you like that the dress comes in. Personally, I didn't have a color until I picked a dress. I was thinking of fuchsia until I saw the bridesmaid dress I like comes in purple.
  • Options
    I agree about finding the dress you like first and then choosing a color that the dress comes in.  One thing I just heard that I thought was helpful (as I still don't know my colors yet either) -- your bridesmaids should wear a color that YOU look good in, b/c even though you won't be wearing it you will still be surrounded by it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards