• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2009 Weddings

Great day and 3 checks!

I woke up this morning freaking out about not having a venue yet... argh! But when FI woke up, he knew I was worried and started texting our friend Ciera (who is the J of P for our wedding and apparently our unofficial wedding planner) An hour later we were at the local VFW looking at their small room and large room. The small room is $100, including tables, chairs and a wedding arch. However, once the guy found out WHY our wedding was moved up (FI is enlisting in the Air Force) he told us that he would help us out :) Turns out that the big room is booked the morning of our wedding from 8-12. Our wedding is from around 3 till 6. The guy said that if no one else books for that day, we can have the big room for the same price :) HAPPY!So, that was one check. The second check is the CAKE! Ciera's sister works at a bakery, so Ciera can get great cakes at a discount. She decided that her wedding gift to us would be our cake :) So we get to go talk about what we want next week!The third check made me even happier. My dress is GORGEOUS (inverted V neck with straps and a corset back, white satin with an overlay of chiffon with silver and white glittery flowers) but it wouldn't zip!!! Side zippers are a pain btw. I thought it was me, that I was too fat and would have to lose 5-10 lbs to fit into it. Turns out there is a teeny tiny horizontal seam and that is where the zipper refused to go up more. My friend was able to get it no sweat, so now she is my "dresser" for the big day :) SO glad it was the dress and not me!!!!

Re: Great day and 3 checks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards