December 2009 Weddings

Tacky?

Is it tacky to have words in the song you walk down the aisle to? I was thinking about using You are my angel by Diamond Rio, but maybe it just sounds pretty in my head?

Re: Tacky?

• I don't think it's tacky, and I also think that you should choose a song that you and your FI feel is fitting, despite what other people think.

• I don't think it's tacky at all! I would love to do this but my church won't allow it.  If you can do it, go for it!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't think it's tacky. But ... I'm the music director at my church, I've played piano for a TON of weddings.  It takes only seconds for the bride to walk down the aisle.  I usually only get through about 5-6 phrases of Canon in D and that includes kissing your dad and FI shaking dad's hand, etc.  I work in a standard catholic church, our aisle is decent sized, I would think about how long your walk will be and how much of the song will get played.  Also, what is your plan for when you get to the end of the aisle, are you going to just stand there and wait for the song to finish or are you going to cut if off?  It can be kind of awkward standing around waiting for a song to finish. I'm not trying to be negative at all, it's your wedding and you should choose songs that are special and important to you. I just want you to think about the logistics of how it will work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards