December 2009 Weddings

Help with Ceremony Music

What songs are you using for everyone to walk into? Our church said that its nice when the bridesmaids walk into cannon d, but then I see some of you using it for your song. What songs do brides typically walk into? I'm confused what to use. What good songs are you using for the parents/grandparents. My FI doesn't want all of our music to have a Christmas theme. Thanks for your help!

Re: Help with Ceremony Music

• Bridal party - Canon in DMy entrance - Wedding March b y MendelssohnRecessional - Joy to the World
  • Moms Seating: Ave Maria Bridesmaids: Canon in D Me and Dad: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring Recessional: Ode to Joy
  • Moms Seating: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring Bridesmaids: Canon in D or Christmas Canon. Can't decide.Me and Dad: Wagner's Bridal ChorusRecessional: All You Need is Love- The Beatles 
  • I'm walking into Bridal Chorus (here comes the bride). Here are some typical procession songs: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring Canon in D Bridal Chorus Ave Maria (solo on piano, I like the Bach version) Ode to Joy Trumpet Voluntary Allegro Maestoso (usually for recessional but would still work) I would use the slower songs for the bridesmaids and something more "grand" for your entrance.  I really love Jesu Joy for bridal party but Canon in D is nice too, it's long and familiar plus its a beautiful song. Oh and our recessional is Wedding March in case you wanted to know that too.
  • Thanks Everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards