Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hair/Make Up Artists

Everyone here has been so helpful before with suggestions- thought I'd reach out again for Hair/makeup artist

help!

It would most likely be for 9 of us (Bride, 6 bridesmaids and Mothers of the Bride/Groom)- although thats not set in stone yet.

I have no budget for myself as to hair/makeup costs- but was trying to keep it below $100 for the bridesmaids (I am not paying for their hair and make up -and before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not making anyone get their hair and makeup done, I would just like to offer them a more reasonably priced option than I keep finding)- Worst case scenario if I can't find anyone for less than that price is make up the difference myself for anyone wishing to get it done.

I am getting married on a Friday evening in between Wilmington and Philly in Glen Mills, PA (Concordville Inn) so if anyone has anyone they would recommend I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!

Re: Hair/Make Up Artists

• teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Karen Capcino and loved her! She charged 70 for my hair, 60 for make up, bridesmaids were 60 for hair and 50 for MU, moms were 45-55 hair and 45 make up. flower girl was 25-35 for hair. $15 additional for airbrush and $10 if you want lashes..I definitely reccommend her. GL!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TrishPATrishPA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $100 for hair and makeup is kind of tight.  I know you want to keep in resobable for them but if you are investing in your pictures you want all of them to look decent.  Check some of the post below, their is some good suggestions of people.
    I would recomment Sam Vega he does hair and his partner does makeup but I know they are not going to fit the 100 price point your looking as I booked them for my wedding.  They do have amazing work.  Best of luck
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Meghan Cahill for hair and Dylan Michael Cosemetics for make-up. The price for the make-up varies depending on how many choose to have it done. So the more people the less the price. You might be able to get close to $100 if all 9 people got make-up. They both come to you.

I know several friends that have gone to Joseph Anthony in Glen Mills for weddings. They have a seperate room for bridal parties, do mimosas, etc. I think they are $75 for hair & $75 for make-up.

Also, check out Karma Salon in Media. That is where I go to get my hair done and Brittany there did my hair for my engagement pics. I know they also do make-up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
  • lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a trial scheduled with The Little Touches --- they run about $65 each for hair and makeup, $120 if the girls choose to get both. Airbrush is additional.  I'm in the same boat as you --- I paid for their dresses and are asking them to pay for their hair and makeup services themselves if they choose to to do.  I'm contemplating telling them that it's $50 for each service and taking care of the difference myself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards