Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Places to Take Engagement Pics.

Ok, so my FI and I are going back home [Pottstown/Oley] the second weekend of January, and we're gonna have my best friend take our engagement pictures. What I'm looking for from you ladies is just some suggestions on where might be good places to take them, because I'm not coming up with any places in my head that make me say "THERE!" We want somewhere where the pictures will turn out classy, but also that has an element of fun to it so that the pictures don't turn out too posed or whatever. We're looking for somewhere between Reading and King of Prussia, because actually getting down into the city would be way too much of a hassle for us that weekend. So if you ladies have any suggestions at all, please please share!

Re: Places to Take Engagement Pics.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you need a place to take photos indoors, or will outdoor photos be OK this time of year?  There are a number of great parks in the area that could work - Valley Forge, the Willows in Radnor.  If you are willing to pay admission and travel dwn that way, Longwood Gardens would also be a fantastic spot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of historic places that would be nice for pictures - Pottsgrove Mansion, Pennypaker Mills, Peter Wentz Farmstead, and John James Audubon Center - all in Montgomery County.  Also, there are a lot of covered bridges in the area too.  I don't know if Otts Nurseries would let you take pictures inside, but they have an amazing greenhouse with a cave and unusual plants.  It's in Schwenksville.  Close by is an old mill too.  Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good ol' Pottstown. I wish there were some nice parks there, but not so much.

I second Pottsgrove Manor.  Also Meredith Manor.

For covered bridges, go to www.pacoveredbridges.com. It has a list of every covered bridge in PA, organized by county.  Montgomery Co has no covered bridges, but Berks and Bucks have a bunch.

Also what about Brookside Country Club?  Didn't they just restore that? 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing some outdoor pictures. Hopefully that snow storm that just hit out that way will leave some remnants of the snow for when we get down that way. I don't like Brookside Country Club at all, I actually grew up 3 streets away from that place. Haha. But I will certainly look into the rest and see which I like. Thank you, ladies, you've been a great help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hietaro--I worked about 3 blocks from that place! lol. There's just not a ton of stuff IN Pottstown... it's all just outside.  I'm from there originally, and Gzilla and I decided that we'd rather get married where we live now, in Delaware, rather than return to Pottstown.  There are just more options here.

Good luck though!! Keep us posted with how they turn out!

Are you getting married in Ptown?
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_places-engagement-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:584d21da-a0bc-4992-a532-811e88b54f30Post:fb4ff0d9-62de-4616-b781-411416a2c04a">Re: Places to Take Engagement Pics.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hietaro--I worked about 3 blocks from that place! lol. There's just not a ton of stuff IN Pottstown... it's all just outside.  I'm from there originally, and Gzilla and I decided that we'd rather get married where we live now, in Delaware, rather than return to Pottstown.  There are just more options here. Good luck though!! Keep us posted with how they turn out! Are you getting married in Ptown?
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE] Haha, wow. Yeah, my parents live right next to Pottstown High School, which is where I grew up. Lol. And yeah, tell me about there not being a lot IN Pottstown, that's why I was kinda looking for suggestions AROUND that area. Lol. All of mine and FI's families live in the P-town/Oley areas so we wanted to go back that way to have the wedding instead of making all of our families and friends come all the way out here to Pitt. We're getting married at the HollyHedge Inn in New Hope, PA. It's, like, an hour northeast of Pottstown, right along the Jersey border. And I will definitely be creating a blog or something with all the pics once she emails them to me. :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards