September 2009 Weddings

critique my ceremony ::LONG::

i should probably post this on the vows board butttt.... no. here is our ceremony. ps when i wrote/read this its totally my OMG moment. tell me what you think: Procession (dad remains standing w/ S) officiant: Family, Friends, Dearly beloved, welcome. We are gathered here today to share in the most special and blessed day with S and A. officiant: Marriage is a commitment to life, to the best that two people can find and bring out in each other. It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other human relationship can equal; a joining that is promised for a lifetime. Within the circle of its love, marriage encompasses all of life’s most important relationships. A wife and a husband are each other’s best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener, and critic. There may come times when one partner is heartbroken or ailing, and the love of the other may resemble the tender caring of a parent for a child. Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life. Happiness is fuller; memories are fresher; commitment is stronger; even anger is felt more strongly, and passes away more quickly. Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid. It encourages and nurtures new life, new experiences, and new ways of expressing love through the seasons of life. When two people pledge to love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique to themselves, which binds them closer than any spoken or written words. Marriage is a promise, a potential, made in the hearts of two people who love, which takes a lifetime to fulfill. officiant: Who gives this woman to be wed to this man? dad: We do. (dad is seated) officiant: A, do you take S to be your wife? A: I do. officiant: S, do you take A to be your husband? S: I do. officiant (addressing A and S): (A and S hold hands) A and S, These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch. officiant (addressing the people): Because you have shared in their relationship by your friendship and love, we welcome you here today to witness their vows to one another as well as to bestow upon them your blessing for a long, committed, and happy marriage, as today they become husband and wife. (Vows S and A repeat after officiant): I, S/A, take you A/S, // to be my husband/wife, // my partner in life, // my best friend, // and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship // and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will love you unconditionally // and will work to better our marriage whenever necessary. I will trust you and honor you. // I will laugh with you and cry with you. // I will respect our differences // and promise to take your concerns to heart. I will encourage you // and support you in whatever dreams you may have for yourself // and for our life together. I will love you faithfully // through the best and the worst, // through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there for the rest of my life. (Best man hands the rings to officiant) officiant: Now you will feel no rain, For each of you will be shelter to the other. Now you will feel no cold, For each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no more loneliness for you. For each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two bodies, But there is only one Life before you. Go now to your dwelling place, To enter into the days of your togetherness. And may your days be good and long upon the earth. officiant: A, A: (places ring on S's hand) With this ring, I join my life with yours. officiant: S, S: (places ring on A's hand) With this ring, I join my life with yours. officiant: May you have love, and may you find it loving one another. officiant: The tradition of the kiss was often believed to allow a piece of each person's soul to exchange bodies, forever entwining the two. I now pronounce you husband and wife. (Bride and Groom kiss)

Re: critique my ceremony ::LONG::

• Hahaha... Vows board..... Sorry ¬_¬
  • Well, basically this just made me cry! Lol. I really like it. I think it's very sweet:)
    Rachel's Nest

Photobucket
    Audrey Pearl
  • Its beautiful
  • It's pretty and nice.. Do you have any special music or readings or anything in there?  It seems like it would go really fast.

"My best friend is a pitbull."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nope we dont have anything else. we wanted it short and sweet. i took a lot of the speaking passages from different things i found but i wrote our vows myself. to say all of this is takes about 8 to 9 minutes. then with the walking we think in total it will be 15 to 20 minutes.
  • yay tears! thats what i was going for haha. the only thing i wasnt sure about was in our vows where i say "i will work to better our marriage whenever necesssary" i dont know if that sounds like i will only work at it when i have to. what i meant is that every marriage is hard and i will work at it when we need to. but i didnt know how else to say that.nyharley- fi really wanted to do the giving away. that was important to him. so i put it in there. my dad isnt very sappy, so i dont think he minds either way.ilove- steal away! i just googled "wedding passages" and "wedding readings" and took snipets of stuff. but i did steal the "with this ring i join my life with yours" from donna and david's wedding on the original 90210. HA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards