Eco-Friendly Weddings

Scrap paper?

Hey eco-conscious brides! Does anyone know where I can obtain scrap paper?  I'm DIYing all my decor, invites, etc. I have alot of ideas involving paper but I want  to upcycle colored scrap paper instead of just going and buying new sheets.  I've seen people selling assorted scrap on Etsy, which I could order, pick out the colors that go with the pallette I have in mind and then save the rest for projects later but I was wondering if anyone had any lower cost ideas.  I'd be looking for a variety of types of colored paper too, anything from card stock to crepe paper.  Any thoughts ladies? Perhaps I should post to the DIY board as well.

Re: Scrap paper?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_eco-friendly-weddings_scrap-paper?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:584Discussion:45112c03-9ad3-4a5f-85d1-d41d208e7eb0Post:4e12f378-1777-46c3-89e0-3b1d53d7ed0a">Scrap paper?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey eco-conscious brides! Does anyone know where I can obtain scrap paper?  I'm DIYing all my decor, invites, etc. I have alot of ideas involving paper but I want  to upcycle colored scrap paper instead of just going and buying new sheets.  I've seen people selling assorted scrap on Etsy, which I could order, pick out the colors that go with the pallette I have in mind and then save the rest for projects later but I was wondering if anyone had any lower cost ideas.  I'd be looking for a variety of types of colored paper too, anything from card stock to crepe paper.  Any thoughts ladies? Perhaps I should post to the DIY board as well.
    Posted by jb&p2013[/QUOTE]
    I'd suggest contacting a daycare, kindergarten, etc about whether or not they have scrap paper. Kids do a lot of crafts, but aren't exactly the best planners about using the whole sheets.

If you want larger quantities of paper, you might contact a paper mill somewhat near you, and ask if they have any scraps of whatever color/quality you want. They usually shred poorly cut papers and recycle them, but they might be happy to help a bride in need. :)
  • You may be able to find something at freecycle. I think there is one for most cities and people post things that they have extra. You could post a wanted add just to see if anyone has any in your area. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards