January 2010 Weddings

Thursday/Friday Confessions..

As it is already friday here....i have already waited an extra day!! So i am starting this weeks confessions...I tell FI weeks about wedding related apointments weeks ahead of time, then i dont remind him about the apointments...secretly so he "forgets" and i can go by myself and make decisions based on what i would like...but i know he will like if not given any other options. Then i tell him "don't complain if you dont make it to the apointments, i tell you when they are"2nd confession i am buying a $230 diamonte clutch for the wedding that i REALLY REALLY want but REALLY REALLY should not buy...but it matches my other accesories, and thinks it would look great next time i am vacuming..

Re: Thursday/Friday Confessions..

• Sandra, you and your vacuum...You crack me up!I confess that I have only been able to get through writing a couple thank yous a night for the shower gifts, because I keep getting distracted by the Knot. I also confess that tomorrow I will blow $100 on 2 honeymoon bathing suits, a beach cover up, a sexy nighty for b-pics and some fun-derwear at Victoria's Secret, which I probably cannot afford. Thank goodness for end of season clearance!Back to the thank yous...*sigh* I love writing them, but I'm a lefty and am having a hard time not smudging the ink!
  • I confess that I've been strongly debating talking FI into getting my wedding band in platinum instead of white gold ( ... even though it's going to cost an extra $400: yikes!).I also confess that I really need to laundry or I am going to be out of underwear ... and I just don't want to.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I now confess that I found a [clean] set of undies hiding in the back of my dresser.Laundry has officially been moved to tomorrow now.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Okay, big confession this week. I bought some little wooden frames from Dollar Tree a couple days ago intending to paint them purple. I was a small job, not a big deal at all. Unfortunately the color wasn't looking right, and FI pointed out that I really needed to prime the frames first. Not realizing that there's a big difference between the huge bucket of primer we bought for the walls and the tiny bottle of acrylic paint I bought for the frames, I neglected to remove my engagement ring... even when I went to wash out the brush. OOPS! I FREAKED out that night when I realized that in the intricate details of the platinum band and on the bottom side of the diamond were clear remnants of beige primer. I spent all day today soaking it in hot water and dish soap and gently scrubbing it with a toothbrush. It's not perfect, but no one would notice unless they knew what to look for. The upside... the diamond is extra sparkly after the all-day soapy soaking!
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1 image
  • I confess that while FI was at army training this week...I bought a puppy! SURPRISE FI!! :)And I am so there on laundry...
  • I confess that FI and I spent too much money on wedding related items yesterday... favors, check. Attendants gifts, check. Cake topper, check. More to come today and the days to come. Also, I confess that I wish he didn't have to leave on Wednesday morning, but it's for the best :(
  • I really want to kick FSIL out of the bridal party...you can tell she doesn't even want to be a BM, however FI keeps telling me to give her a chance...she doesn't even want to order her dress b/c she can't afford it but she's had a new tattoo every month since May. I need to work on my painting for my faculty art show next Thursday...however I haven't even started it, I've been concentrating on wedding stuff and the new house.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I confess: That I spent $40 of unecessary make up yesterday, and fi doesn't know!Also that I have been procrastinating on sending out the STD's...and instead of doing that tomorrow, we are heading to the beach!
  • omg laundry...why is it so hard to get it done? ughhh i have so much to dooo. I confess that last night, after I bought my shower dress...i went out for dinner and had a burger. bleck. I also confess that I keep spending money because my "first real job check" is coming on wed...and keep thinking about all the things i'm going to pay for with future checks. finally, i confess that FSIL had a baby on monday, and i still have not seen her. i am so unbelievably excited, but i've been so busy setting up my new classroom...and FI has been on a three day bike trip...bicycle that is. wow..lots of confessions this week!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's ok, melko, burgers are delicious.
  • mmm it was...especially since i was a vegetarian for a year and a half and just started eating meat again a few months ago lol
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I confess that intentionally misunderstood my FI when we sat down to discuss wedding budgets.  He wanted us to do it all for the amount my dad is giving us for the wedding, and only have to pay for the honeymoon ourselves, where as I felt that sicne we had the money for HM already saved, we could use our year long engagement to save a little extra to go towards the wedding itself...which is precisely what I have done...and now he is unhappy that I have almost an extra $2000 to go towards whatever I want for the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Making our dreams come true, one day at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards