Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

How much is too much--

I know the answer to this question will be different for everyone-- I suppose it also changes depending on who is paying for what. But I am curious. When it comes to "the Dress", when you have "found it"  and it's "the one", how much (for you) is too much? What price would make you say-- oh. okay. no. I will have to find another.

Thank you, local ladies!
xo
kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much is too much--

• I paid $1700 for my dress, which was out of my price range (I wanted to be around $1000-1200), but since the dress was significantly discounted, I made an exception.  The price range will be different for everyone. To me, the dress wasn't the most important thing, so I couldn't have spent much more than I did. To me, the reception/catering is more important, so I spent a large amount there. It's all about priorities.
  • I originally set my dress budget at $500 (alterations included),,,that did NOT last long.

Now, I'm hoping to stay in the $800 range but can easily see myself paying $900...$1000 for the right one.

A penny over is too much for me; out of budget & principle.
  • My original budget was $1500 for my dress. I found *the* one for $1200, but once I was faced with actually paying that much for a dress, I decided to try and find the same dress for less. I ended up finding it on eBay for $400. It had only been worn once, and had no alterations, and was in perfect condition. I searched for a few months in order to find it at that price, but I had also found it on preownedweddingdresses.com for $600, which still would have been a good deal!
  • I just bought my dress about a month ago, and for me, picking out my dress was the one thing I was most excited about in the whole wedding planning process.  I told my fiance I would be OK going to the courthouse to get married, as long as I could still get my dress :)  

My mom paid for mine, and she knows the dress was the biggest thing for me, so she said my budget was unlimited.  My parents are not well-off by any means, so it really meant a lot to me that she would do that.  When we finally went shopping, I told the consultants that my budget was $3000, and that had to include alterations.  I actually felt that was too high, I don't know if I would have been comfortable if the dress I picked had been at the top of my budget, but my mom wanted to make sure I got what I wanted.  

The dress we wound up choosing was about $1900, and the alterations package came to $350.  We found it at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore (I can't say enough great things about this place).  They had a really nice selection of dresses in the $1500 - $2000 range.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards