• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2010 Weddings

Cake Tasting & Check

So.... I had decided that I WOULD NOT make my wedding cake at either of our AHR's.  I scheduled two cake tasting appointments here locally for our AHR in May. 

I went to my first one this morning (I have my second one tomorrow morning) and I actually found a picture of a cake that I liked. 

I think that it is simple enough.  I would add another tier to it so we'd have more cake.  They would have to do nothing fancy AT ALL ~ just ice the cake plain and simple...no border, no design, NOTHING.  The "sand" is just graham crackers crushed up and we'd have to provide our own seashells ( in my case, I'd do the chocolate molds ).  Well, for this cake with  8", 12" & 16" inch rounds, the total cost is $442.50.  WHAT?!?  Um... I know for a fact that it doesn't cost THAT much to make for sure!!!!  That's approximately $4.92 per person.  For plain buttercream and NO border or design?!?  Ummmmmm no thank you.

So..... guess what.  I AM going to make my own California AHR cake!  :)

AND...thanks to Jaye, (my photographer & friend) who set up two appointments while she was in Minnesoa, and met with my FSIL ~ I now have the bakery for my Minnesota AHR!  Thanks for Cake Tasting for me in Roch Jaye!  :) 

Anniversary

Amazing NEW Blog :: Bio :: Current KK List

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Cake Tasting & Check

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards