Colorado-Denver

Venue Help!!!!

Hello All!I just recently got engaged and I'm very excited to start planning but finding a venue is proving to be terribly tedious...I want everything to take place outdoors, but I want some type of shelter, whether it's a tent or a ballroom that opens out to a patio. Also, I love Colorado's landscape so somewhere with some fantastic views of the mountains or overlooking the city would be nice. Oh, and the closer to hotels or lodging the better since many of the guest like to drink and I want them to get home safely. I'm working on a limited budget, plan to have the wedding in the evening with a cocktail and Hors d'Oeuvre reception to follow, and would love to bring my own alcohol or my own caterer (unless theirs is reasonably priced). I guess to sum up... I'm looking for a place where I can use their venue and then do my own thing.I'm going to go look at the Willow Ridge Manor in Morrison on sunday and it fits everything I want but I still want a few options, just incase...So if you have any recomendations I would love to hear them!!!! sorry this was so long, thanks for hanging in there!!!

Re: Venue Help!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if you are limited on location, but a TON of girls use Cathedral Pines.. It's beautiful and very outdoorsy and you can bring your own liquor, caterer, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    What areas are you looking in? How close to Denver do you want to be? What time of year are you getting married?
  • KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I toured MANY places, check the bio. I would actually not recommend Willow Ridge Manor if you want your guests to experience CO. the road noise and gravel quary near by will make your guests want to stay inside. It was horrible when we were there for a wedding! How many people are you thinking? I'd recommend checking out Boetcher Mansion for great character, Mt. Vernon CC for flexibility (not alcohol), Meadow Creek Bed & Breakfast!! our fav for smaller places
  • alicottalicott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lionsgate event center is beautiful. It has 2 outdoor site for the ceremony, and then an indoor area for the reception. You can do the reception outside too. You can bring in your own food or pick your own caterer, your own alcohol/drinks, your own baker etc. There are lots of local hotels within several miles. We're using the Marriotts in Louisville (5 miles away) and they have a shuttle with 1 free roundtrip from the hotel to the venue and back, then its only $50 to have another roundtrip. Super convinient!
  • kjkummerkjkummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responses!!!we are inviting about 150 people including parents and wedding party, and are looking at next August... Hopefully toward the beginning.  I'd like to keep in in the Denver area, because many people have never been here and there is so much to do!  but i'm willing to go to Fort Collins or Castle Rock too...Thanks Again!!!
  • kjkummerkjkummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kari-What time and what day was the wedding you attended at Willow Ridge Manor?
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Tapestry House in Laporte... Just north of Fort Collins (~10 minutes from the CSU campus). Check out my bio.
    -Mindy
    Photobucket
    My cat can read EKGs... Can your human do that?
    TTC Baby #1
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f73cd] [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/3f73cd/ttc.png[/img] [/url]
  • edited December 2011
    I made this a long time ago during my venue hunt: http://melindacromwell.googlepages.com/locationreviewsI'd recommend Lower Lake Ranch and Boettcher Mansion as well.
    -Mindy
    Photobucket
    My cat can read EKGs... Can your human do that?
    TTC Baby #1
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f73cd] [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/3f73cd/ttc.png[/img] [/url]
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mindy's recommendation of the Tapestry House. I'm getting married there next weekend, and they have been so helpful and easy to work with. It's pricey, but the savings on catering & alcohol (they let you bring in both) were totally worth it for us.
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also recommend the lodge at cathedral pines.  fabulous venue, great price, and complete freedom.  the coordinator, lori, is also wonderful.  it's in the springs.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at a few of the places recommended and here is my two cents:I would ditto Boettcher Mansion, but I think 150 people there might be a little tight.  I'm getting married there, so I love it and would otherwise recommend it in a heartbeat.Mount Vernon Country Club had nice scenery and a very helpful event manager, but otherwise I was not impressed.  I'm not really into the country club deal.Meadow Creek B&B is really pretty, but again I'd worry about the space due to having so many people.  Also, lodging would be an issue because they only have seven guest rooms and alternative lodging is only within driving distance.Lower Lake Ranch is a great idea.  They are building a newer reception site, which should hold your estimated guest list. The new site should be done by August 2010 if not sooner. There is lodging on-site and nearby.  You cannot bring in your own catering though.  Their in-house caterer only does smoked meat.  If you are okay with that, they are a great choice.  They were in our top two.Some other places worth checking out are Meadows at Marshdale, Evergreen and Terrace Gardens at Ken Caryl, Littleton
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend the Bertolin Barn.  There is a link in my bio.  You can bring your own catering and alcohol in, and it is close to hotels on I-25.  There are mountain views and they have two large doors they can open to an outdoor patio.  It is also very affordable.  GL!  www.bertolinbarn.com
  • jwh2010jwh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, congrats on getting engaged!! I'm getting married at the Evergreen Lake House. The ceremony will be outdoors on their deck area that overlooks the lake and the foothills, and the reception will be in their huge, gorgeous, rustic, but very well maintained, lake house. We fell in love with the place right when we saw it- it's what Colorado is all about! It's a little pricey, but we're saving by bringing in our own caterer, alcohol, minimal flowers (no need to splurge since the location itself is gorgeous!). We're having our guests stay at the Quality Suites 6 miles down the road because of the drinking. They do have a lot of rules and a "lottery" to get a date, but our caterer is very familiar with the lake house and will take care of everything, and we were flexible with our date, so that's something to consider.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked The Meadows at Marshdale? The Red Barn is lovely and even though they say the capacity is 125, you can have three tables on the enclosed porch and fit 150 easily. Also, their new Grandview Terrace is lovely. You'll need to rent a tent for the reception. We had our wedding at The Red Barn and all the guests stayed in the two guest houses (one house has room for 15 guests!) and the B&B across the street. It was a winter wedding and it snowed 17 inches. It was great not having to drive anywhere. Oh, and Tammy is great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Inn at Cherry Creek.  Not til next year but is an idea for the Denver area.  Has indoor/outdoor.  The one we liked the most in this area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards