Colorado-Denver

Know where I can rent a school bus in CO

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can rent school busses in CO near Boulder. I'm going to call Boulder Valley Schools tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with that school or another in renting busses? If anyone has tips on cheap bus rentals otherwise, I'm all ears and THANK YOU!

Re: Know where I can rent a school bus in CO

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any answers for you, but you have successfully piqued my curiousity!
  • edited December 2011
    I am not positive, but as a school employee, I highly doubt they rent their buses out for political, and insurance-related reasons.  You might call a limo service or shuttle service just to get started and go from there- they might no where you should call next.  Possibly a church might rent out an old bus that they use or call a tour bus company.  I am not sure what exactly you plan to use it for, but please also think about the fact that you need someone with the right type of license to drive it as well.  Good luck! Let us know what you find! 
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about a double decker bus? I don't know if that'd work, but I know you can rent them from companies here in town.
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. Sadly, the double decker busses are too large (long) for the roads I need them for. I'm planning from afar and know that some schools will rent buses (with drivers) especially on weekends as a way to get additional revenue. I've already reserved busses from the University of CO (which is a reasonably cheap option btw) with drivers of course but I find myself in need of another bus. Adding to the difficultly factor is the fact that I need "short busses" due to sharp turns on the road to the ceremony. Yep, I'm riding the short bus to my wedding. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm very curious about the school bus too. Do you have your dress yet? I know a lady that does wonderful alterations. Call Cathy at (719) 433-4877. Good luck with the schoolbus.
  • coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, would you mind telling me how much it costs to rent the school buses from CU? How many guests are you accomidating? and where is your ceremony? I am just curious as I was looking for transportation options to get guests up to lionscrest. Could you email me at coolcourt85 @ hotmail dot com. Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_can-rent-school-bus-co?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:10392381Post:62004251">Know where I can rent a school bus in CO</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, would you mind telling me how much it costs to rent the school buses from CU? How many guests are you accomidating? and where is your ceremony? I am just curious as I was looking for transportation options to get guests up to lionscrest. Could you email me at coolcourt85 @ hotmail dot com. Thanks!
    Posted by coolcourt85[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Try prompt Charters</div><div>
    </div><div> <a href="http://www.promptcharters.com" rel="nofollow">www.promptcharters.com</a></div>
  • There is also anothe company calle BusNeeds

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards