Colorado-Denver
Options

Denver Marriage License Office...

First of all...WHOOHOO only 11 more days to go! FI and I went to get our marriage license downtown yesterday and had quite the adventure:I had made sure I asked my mom what city and state her and my dad were born in because I read online that they ask you. Didn't think to ask her where I was born, I didn't even realize I don't know what hospital I was born in until the girl at the desk asked me! We also had 4 members of FI's family on the phone trying to figure out what his mom's middle name is, lol!Also, while FI and I were waiting to hear back from my mom, we people watched. Out of the 6 people who came in, 3 were getting absentee forms for their FIs because they are in jail, 2 were getting copies of their certificate for a divorce and 1 was in the wrong place. Sad, but interesting indeed.Anyway, yay for having a marriage license! Now...on to the name change :/

Re: Denver Marriage License Office...

• Options
    coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you really have to know all that just to get a marriage license? what else do you need to know?
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew you needed to know that city and state of your and your parents birth....but I didn't know that you needed to know the hospital.  We're planning to go on Monday.  I guess we'll be doing some research this weekend!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How funny! FI and I got ours a couple weeks ago. Luckily I knew my parents information. I told them where I was born, but they didn't ask for hospital information.
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Interesting! I had no idea! Do you have to fil it al lout there or can you bring it home fill it out and take it back? What other info do you need to know? that is ridiculous!
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    City and State of birth.  Don't know if this applies to any of you, but you also need to know the date of divorce if you have been married previously.  Good thing I knew DH's date! And the lady told me they sometimes have people come back the next day and ask if they can un-do the license they signed yesterday.  Um,  no - if you self-solomnize, you were married yesterday.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They asked the city and state where each of our parents were born, and their full legal names. They also asked the city, hospital and state we were born in. It seemed pretty important to her that I get the correct name of the hospital, because she asked me to call my mom to find out. I thought it was strage because I hadn't read that we needed that info. I don't know if this is the way it is everywhere though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards