Colorado-Denver
Options

Reviews!!! (long post)

I didn't post a ton on here but I had some vendor reviews I thought I'd share..
Venue: Lionsgate Event Center - A+ - they seriously did an amazing job. Everything went as they said it would, and they were great to work with. Our coordinator there was on top of everything, she kept everything and everyone organized.
Officiant: Gary Bishop - A  - I found him on the web, he was easy to talk to and kept the ceremony short and sweet, just like we asked. He sent over several vow options and 'ceremony' options. We ended up doing the sand ceremony, which was fun.. my husband spilled sand all over and I couldn't stop laughing.
Food: Serendipity Catering Actual food: A+, communication from vendor: B-.The food was great! We ate leftovers the next day and it was still great!  we did a pasta bar with salad, bread, chicken and meatballs. I had lots of guests tell me the food was amazing. The communication from one of the coordinators sort of trailed off after I made my deposit. The actual event coordinator from the caterer was great, she kept on top of keeping plates full and boxed everything up for my parents to take home.
Cake: Nancy Best Cake Design - A++++ Hands down. Nancy is super friendly, affordable and makes GREAT cake!
Flowers: Deanna Harwood A+. Deanna is a good friend of the family starting a business doing flowers. She is a perfectionist, so the flowers came out EXACTLY as I had requested them. Very affordable - I saved a ton by using her. Message me if you'd like her #.
Photographer: Tasha Christensen/Painted Chair Photography. A+++, LOVE HER! She is really great at what she does.
DJ: Infinity/ Jamin DJ's - A+ - Most affordable DJ I could find - and it ended up being perfect. We had about a 15 minute meeting prior to the day of, he asked what types of music we liked, went over what would be played durring lunch, dancing, etc -they had an online planning form where you could specify any specific songs (first dance, bouquet toss, do not play songs, etc..) I would use them again.
Make up: Cristela Muniz - A, my make up turned out just as I wanted. She was nice and was on time (something I stressed about being that our wedding started at 11am)
Hair: A +, a good friend of mine is a stylist, she does an amazing job! I'd be happy to give her number.
Tuxedos: Men's Warehouse: D, seriously bad. I only give them a D because the manager made the situation right. They ordered a tux almost 6 sizes too big for Ben. They claimed that it was his body type, not the suit. I found out they only cary 2 tux styles and that neither style could be found in his size (he's an average size guy) in the state of Colorado. The day before they wedding the ended up having a seamstress alter the suit they ordered. It's really great that at the last minute they pulled through, it took a lot of haggling on my end to get them to do anything about the fact that they ordered a suit that was falling off of him. I would steer clear of them.
Dress/BM Dress: Amanda's Bridal: B+. Great up till the day before the wedding and I went to pick up the dresses. Neither my BM's dress nor my dress had been steamed yet. They tried to tell me "that's just how my dress is". They steamed/pressed it again and it was much better. However, their alterations girl is awesome.
Sorry for the long post!

Re: Reviews!!! (long post)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sounds like your day went as awesome as you wanted it. Congrats.

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews!!! Sounds like your day went pretty well except for a couple hiccups.  MW keeps getting bad reviews, wonder what they are going to do about it.  I got my dress from Amanda's too.
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

MW was really bad to work with - I would never go back to them! Is your DH getting his tux from them?

I was really happy with the way everything turned out - I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life!
    The photographer tried to have me do a few 'serious' poses, it was so hard, I kept smiling!

• Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You looked amazing. Congrats.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_reviews-long-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:125b9962-aa8b-4457-9a03-0b7ef3845b1aPost:6cdd8512-eb76-42b6-970f-ffe5b6fd0f21">Re: Reviews!!! (long post)</a>:
    [QUOTE]MW was really bad to work with - I would never go back to them! Is your DH getting his tux from them? I was really happy with the way everything turned out - I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life! The photographer tried to have me do a few 'serious' poses, it was so hard, I kept smiling!
    Posted by Jade0085[/QUOTE]

We started with the one in SE Aurora and Dallas TX and then had them shipped to Las Vegas for the wedding.  They weren't too bad but I was so afraid to use them based on the reviews I saw on here and the Vegas board.  It takes a lot to make DH upset so if they were bad in Vegas he wouldn't have told me unless it was really bad, like what you described.

I felt that way too, couldn't stop smiling. LOL.  That's an awesome feeling!!!
  • Options
    GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Would you be willing to give your friend's number. The one that does hair please? Or email? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just sent you a pm :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards