Colorado-Denver

Time of wedding... need advice

Hello ladies, 
The church we are having our wedding at booked the Time/Day combo we wanted before we could snag it, so now we either move our day to 2 weeks later at the time we want or move it back 4 hours. Nothing else is booked yet so it doesn't really matter, but what do you think is better:

Re: Time of wedding... need advice

• jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing an early ceremony ours is at 3pm so that our reception can start around 5ish..
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony starts at 2 p.m., I do not think it would be a big deal.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for 6, but ours is at 7, so obviously I'm biased :)  I really don't think it matters!  I've been to 2 weddings these past 2 weeks and one was at noon and one was at 4.  Next weekend's wedding is at 2, so it's really what you're comfortable with.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, what are you doing for the reception? How far is it from the church site? What time are you thinking of starting the reception? How many OOT people vs. locals are there?

I'd take these questions into consideration :)

HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting marred at 2pm.. Coctail hour starting at 4pm.. Dinner around 6 or 7pm..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_time-of-wedding-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:179f1975-e61f-4b11-a9f9-c22527ba6f3cPost:9be51414-553d-450b-9f11-4e1c060a8d45">Re: Time of wedding... need advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting marred at 2pm.. Coctail hour starting at 4pm.. Dinner around 6 or 7pm..
    Posted by wifeandmommy0609[/QUOTE]

Three hours for cocktails??? WOW! I would be so bored sitting around for three hours! that's a long time for your guests.  Are you expecting most of them to go to the reception and skip the ceremony?  I'm sorry, but that just makes for a long day.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What month are you getting married? I would check sunset times and base the ceremony around that.. the best time to take pictures would be about one hour before the sun sets... everything will look more beautiful in what photographers refer to as "magical lighting" 

Whatever time you choose if you would like outdoor pictures I would make sure that you have time to take them in that one hour time frame... 

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HutchHHutchH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all.. we decided on the 2 p.m. time... looking up sunset times was a great idea, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards