Colorado-Denver
Options

Recomend your photographer!

Hey all,

I'm looking for a photographer in the Denver area who has a more photojournalistic style.  We don't want to spend more than $2,500 on everything including an engagement session, two shooters (even if one is an assistant), 8 hours of coverage, and all our images on a disc with personal rights to them.  Please let me know ASAP!!!!!  It's one of my top three important things!!!

Thanks!

Kelsey

Re: Recomend your photographer!

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    traci and nic with real photography are wonderful.  their 8 hour, 2 photog pkg is $2600, and i believe that includes engagement pictures (or another shoot of your choice - we are substituting trass the dress photos).  their work is well worth that extra $100 :)  check out their work at realphotography.com or their blog at realphotography.com/blog.  a lot of brides on here have used them.  we interviewed quite a few photogs and really felt strongly about traci and nic.  good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest Samantha Brynn photography.  I've hired her and her husband for our June wedding.  Our package is $1695 and included all-day coverage, rights, and an engagement session.  When my FI and I did that a couple months ago, we LOVED them.  We felt comfortable shortly into the shoot (which is kind of an awkward situation to be in when you're downtown Denver with 2 photogs following you!).  Our e-pics are beautiful!!
  • Options
    masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also recommend Real Photography!  Here are some examples of photos they took of my wedding less than a month ago!  I absolutely love them!

http://www.realphotography.com/slideshows/christinetom/

I have tons of other really good ones that she didn't put in the slideshow but that should give you an idea.

Good luck!  Its definitely important to get a good photographer---one that you really like.  I know my in-laws aren't used to this photojournalistic style but I LOVE it!  And (not to be mean) but that's what's important since this is what you are left with after the day.  And the day is so surreal and goes so fast that you miss things.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Alison Rose Photography. She's got a great photojournalistic style, and we're paying less than $2500 and we have everything you're asking for, except for the additional photographer. Our wedding is fairly small and I'm not worried about having 2 photogs, so one works for us. Maybe check her out and she might be willing to work within your budget so you can have two photographers. Just let her know what your budget is from the beginning. Her website is www.arosephotography.com
    We loved our engagement pictures and can't wait to see our wedding pics.

Hope that helps!

-Ashley
  • Options
    **Texas Gal****Texas Gal** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hands down Traci and Nic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rene Tate Photography hands down! You get full coverage on your wedding day, 2 photographers, engagement session, etc! She does amazing work and super friendly. Her average cost is $2500...check her out at www.renetate.com...lookat her blog photos to get an idea of her style. Tell Rene I recommended her if you decide to go with her!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Rene Tate! She is amazing and so sweet! I love our engagement photos and cannot wait for our wedding pics!!!
  • Options
    jesstevens214jesstevens214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're working with Allan and his wife from K2 studios.  We are getting all day wedding coverage (usually they just do the wedding time b/c they don't like to stand around but will do dressing and before hand rituals if you want) and engagement session but we are only using one photographer.  They have multiple packages available.  Check out their website.

www.k2photostudio.com
    Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Scott Cejka out of Boulder. He was recommended to me by another knottie on here. We've only done engagement pictures but I was really pleased. We're doing the 8 hour package with an extra photographer for an additional $250. Engagement session is included for free.

http://www.scottcejka.com/scottcejka/Home.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our photographers, Ross and Kammi with Elegant Images. If you would like to see our pics here is the info:

www.collages.net
    Valerie and Mark
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After going through the whole experience of trying to pick a photographer my advice is this - pick someone whose photographic style you love and also who feels more like a friend right from the get go. This person is going to see you half naked and crying and other awkward and intimate moments during the day - and if you feel in any way uncomfortable around them then that isnt' a good thing.

After meeting with two other photographers I knew as soon as I saw Melissa that she was the one. Theres a real sincere friendliness and cheerfulness about her that I  knew I  wanted to have around me on my wedding day.

Not to mention her photography blows me away!!! I have never seen anyone with the same type of style as hers and I really do love it. (www.freshphotographyblog.com)

So I would say pick some photographers with the style you like and meet with them - you will know pretty quickly whether you click or not. I feel like it's one of the most important things to get right for your wedding so take your time and pick the right one for you. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Rene Tate! Check out my bio for a review of her work on our wedding day. Not only is she an amazingly talented, reliable and professional artist, she is a wonderful person to be around as well.

http://renetatephotography.com/

Her blog has her most recent work
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Scott Cejka. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my engagement photos. You can check a few of them out in my bio if you'd like. He's also super cool to work with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jwh2010jwh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using Porchlight Images www.porchlightimages.com We loved their work (photojournalistic style) and LOOOOVED our engagement pics! Ryan & Stacy are a husband & wife team and they're super laid back, really creative, and fun! Their most expensive package was $1500, which includes 2 photographers, all day coverage, high-resolution pics for e-pics & wedding day with full rights (a lot of photographers will give you low or med resolution pics and charge extra for the hi-res pics), among other things, although their price may have gone up a bit since they're getting more and more clients. Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    www.yellowpaddlephotography.com

They use talented student photographers and have great pricing! 
  • Options
    kjkummerkjkummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone!

I went ahead with Rene Tate... she spent 2 hours in a Starbucks just chatting with me!!!  I'm really excited and can't wait to set up or engagement session and have her for our wedding!!!!

• Options
    makophotomakophoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually a photographer from Wyoming but we do alot of work in Denver. If you would like to see some of our work take a look at our website www.makophotography.com. We offer budget friendly packages for less than $2000. For more information feel free to email us at booking@makophotography.com or call us at 307-203-9710
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katie with Kathleenrosephotography.com or Karie with KarieMclainphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hollywood Calling Photography in Denver
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards