Colorado-Denver
Options

Destination Colorado Wedding (on a budget) HELP!

Hi all!

So I am attempting to plan our colorado wedding (april 2014) from Illinois where I live. The groom is from Colorado but is in the military and is currently stationed in North Carolina. After doing what I could on the internet and guessing what prices I could our total came to almost 18K. Which for me being a soon to be college graduate with student loans and him being in the military we do not have the 18K budget. We want to have the wedding with our friends and family and not do the courthouse or elope. Anyone have any suggestions? I really love the Della Terra in Estes Park. Looking for outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and I plan to do a lot of details myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Really trying to cut costs. Thank you!!

Re: Destination Colorado Wedding (on a budget) HELP!

• Options
    Lots of the city parks around Denver are budget-friendly! City Park, Civic Center Park and the Botanic Gardens are all near downtown. I've heard amazing things about Della Terra but don't know much about the cost. Depending on the size of your wedding, one of the mountain resorts (Breckinridge, Steamboat etc) could be perfect and would definitely offer the indoor/outdoor combo.

There are also beautiful mansions around Denver, such as Grant Humphreys that might be okay price-wise for a smaller wedding but could get pricey for a big event. 

And depending on your vision, there are some ranches, bed and breakfasts and other venues tucked all around Colorado that would be much cheaper than some of the more "famous" options like Della Terra. 

Hope that helps or at least gets the creative juices flowing! :-) I left all of my vendor recommendations in a post about two weeks ago in this thread so feel free to check those out for some help! 
  • Options
    I eloped to Estes Park last month and I worked with the awesome folks at Marry Me in Colorado took great care of my husband and me. They basically took care of everything for me. They have different packages that you can choose from, but they will also work with you on whatever you want/need. They really have this down to a science. Did I mention we planned the whole thing in less than 2 weeks?

Definitely worth checking out their website: http://www.marrymeincolorado.com/

If nothing else, you'll at least get a good idea of what spots Estes Park has to offer for your special day!
  • Options
    If you are in need of affordable photography, we know someone in CO - littleton to be exact - PM me. GL
  • Options
    For an affordable officiant, please feel free to consider my services.  My site is here:

<a href="http://seraweds.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://seraweds.blogspot.com/</a>

In Response to <a href="http://denver.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_destination-colorado-wedding-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:2599d6fb-3483-41b3-97ec-9ee47169d265Post:2805034a-5e4d-4bbb-894f-6d5ed6e0a957">Destination Colorado Wedding (on a budget) HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! So I am attempting to plan our colorado wedding (april 2014) from Illinois where I live. The groom is from Colorado but is in the military and is currently stationed in North Carolina. After doing what I could on the internet and guessing what prices I could our total came to almost 18K. Which for me being a soon to be college graduate with student loans and him being in the military we do not have the 18K budget. We want to have the wedding with our friends and family and not do the courthouse or elope. Anyone have any suggestions? I really love the Della Terra in Estes Park. Looking for outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and I plan to do a lot of details myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Really trying to cut costs. Thank you!!
    Posted by fwuts[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards