Colorado-Denver

Beer for reception?

Hi!
I'm new to posting even though I've gained so much info from lurking.

My wedding is in 24 days !! and I'm now tasked with choosing the two kegs we'll have at our reception. We are CO natives who LOVE local brews I went to CSU in Ft Collins but many of our guests I imagine are more of the Coors Light crowd...

Here's my question: We are hosting a full bar with liquor, beer wine, but the ONLY beer we'll offer is from two kegs, which beers should we choose? I was thinking one "domestic" one colorado microbrew, but I don't know which variety would be most palatable to most guests.

Thanks for the help!

Ps I love New Belgium but am not a fan of Fat Tire sacreligous, I know! So I'd rather not have that if I can avoid it!

Re: Beer for reception?

• Colorado Native Lager might be a good choice?  It's yummy, and generic enough most people should like it.
    Anniversary
  • I was going to say Fat Tire! I'm not a big beer drinker so I'm sorry i'm not more help
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We like Great Divide Brewery's Denver Pale Ale. It's light, crisp and refreshing.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_beer-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:33a8b7fa-da83-435a-ab4b-efc52299833dPost:f825f3ae-8e21-4306-abf8-d2245a8626f8">Beer for reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm new to posting even though I've gained so much info from lurking. My wedding is in 24 days !! and I'm now tasked with choosing the two kegs we'll have at our reception. We are CO natives who LOVE local brews I went to CSU in Ft Collins but many of our guests I imagine are more of the Coors Light crowd... Here's my question: We are hosting a full bar with liquor, beer wine, but the ONLY beer we'll offer is from two kegs, which beers should we choose? I was thinking one "domestic" one colorado microbrew, but I don't know which variety would be most palatable to most guests. Thanks for the help! Ps I love New Belgium but am not a fan of Fat Tire sacreligous, I know! So I'd rather not have that if I can avoid it!
    Posted by SMWesthoff[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards