Colorado-Denver

Cake

Does anyone have recommendations for good, affordable bakers in the Denver Metro area? 

Re: Cake

• edited December 2011
    We are using Simplicity Cakes. I guess one or two girls on here had a little problem with her but Kischa has been absolutely wonderful with us and her cake is AMAZING! She was by far the most affordable we could find in the area and is very flexible with ideas and such!
  • AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mulberries!  Their cake is absolutely delicious and they were also the cheapest of all the places that we tried.  So Yummy!!  Everyone at our wedding loved all the flavors.  They were really easy to work with during the entire process too. 

We go back and get little cakes just because. 

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Paula Thomas @ Teacup Shop Bakery (near Wash Park) and LOVED her cake!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • jesstevens214jesstevens214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Das Meyers in Arvada. They do cake tastings every Saturday (however they are closed for all of January).  Their cake is amazing!  They also don't price per slice.  They give a price for range of servings.  Lots of flavors to choose from.
    Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nancy Best Cake Design was great! And very affordable. Nancy was wonderful to work with and went over and beyond what we could have imagined.
  • awestfahlawestfahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kischa with Simplicity Cakes for my wedding and she was absolutely AMAZING!! We wanted something funky and unusual and boy did she deliver. Not only did the guests comment on how creative the cake was, but everyone thought it was delicious. I'm gluten-free, so she made me a separate gluten-free cake for free, and she's making us another cake on our 1 year anniversary at no extra charge.

I sent pictures of the kind of cake we were wanting to other bakeries, and their quotes were literally $1,000 more than Kischa. Go with Simplicity Cakes!!!n Below is a picture of the cake she made us.

• coachgcoachg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Das Mayer! My cake was gorgeous- not to mention tasty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennyfairejennyfaire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Mulberries!  My fiance, who has an opinion on nothing, actually loved the cakes (and his grandfather was a baker...).  They are so easy to work with too.  I've done two major bday parties w/ them as well, and people love the cake.
  • edited December 2011
    Das Meyer!  Cheapest we found, and their cake is absolutely delicious!  We're really picky about pastries and expect good cake to be moist but light-crumbed/soft, flavorful, and not overly rich so you can really enjoy a slice.  Their buttercream is delicious, but what sold us was the orange blossom cake- try it on a Saturday, yummmmmm!

The only place that even compared taste-wise was $5 more per slice and we thought their decorating wasn't up to par, so Das Meyer is a stand-out!
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards