Colorado-Denver

Room Reserve... is it normal??

Okay so my fiancee and I thought we had made a decision but after reading over the contract, the hotel said they would only reserve us 5 rooms before and after the wedding and 10 the night of. We have about 35-40 out of town parties so that will by no means be enough. The whole idea of getting married at a hotel was so that all our guests could stay there. Is it normal for them to only reserve 5-10 rooms??? Fiancee said we will negotiate with them and if they arent willing to reserve more rooms we arent booking them, which means back to step 1. *sigh* 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Room Reserve... is it normal??

• edited December 2011
    can they do a block for you? most hotels do...?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    They are only blocking us 5 rooms the night before and after the wedding and 10 the day of. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Did you call the hotel directly and do a block separate from what's in your wedding contract?  Have you talked to them yet, it shouldn't be too hard for them to add rooms.
  • edited December 2011
    You might also ask if they'd create a new block of 5 once the inital block is filled... I think sometimes hotels are hesitant to grant huge blocks because they're afraid of losing money if not all the rooms are filled.

Remember, despite these businesses saying they want to help us have the best day of our lives, etc etc ... at the end of the day they just want to make as much money as they can... and booking as many hotel rooms as they can is one way to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    The hotel we are having our wedding at will block as many as we want but, past ten rooms we are responsible for paying for them EVEN if no one stays there. Our hotel is a little expensive so we will also block rooms off at another hotel! If you can guarantee the rooms there should be no problem! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards