Colorado-Denver

Out of Town Bride! Help!

Hey Ladies!

I am crashing your board, I apoligize, I'm getting married in Texas.  However, I have a lot of family in Denver, and where I live we don't have a lot of bridal salons other than David's Bridal. We are going to Denver in about a week and a half, and I am going wedding dress shopping up there. I am looking for something different than what the Texas panhandle area has to offer, but still within a reasonable budget. (Under $2500)  I need recommendations!  It is my first time shopping, and I want it to be a really good experience! Thank you so much for the help!

Re: Out of Town Bride! Help!

• edited December 2011
    here are a few i found by googling. Not sure what area you were looking for..

www.bluegowns.com
    www.anna-be.com
    www.beas<strong""
    www.beasbridalnook.com
    www.denverbride.com
    www.thealtar<strong"
    www.thealtarbridalconsignment.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bridal Collection has a great selection of gowns, and I've heard good things about Amanda's Bridal. There is also a Priscilla of Boston store that has gorgeous gowns. I bought my gown at D'Anelli Bridal, they have a wide selection of gowns from $700 to $8000+ but the service is hit or miss and my alterations were a disaster. Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    i've heard good things about amanda's bridal in arvada

or the bridal warehouse

best of luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto to the bridal collection in the Denver Tech Center!  Have fun shopping!!!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at The Little White Dress in Castle Rock.  It is about 20 mins from Denver.  You will pass the outlet malls on the way there- BONUS!  I have also heard there is a bridal store that is all Alfred Angelo in the outlet mall.

Have fun!!!!!!
  • LaurenPaige19LaurenPaige19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH gown is from Amanda's Bridal but I personally am not a fan of the shop. I am from Castle Rock and The Little White Dress is AMAZING (ask for Chelsey, she is absolutely awesome), there is also a beautiful salon, The Bridal Collection, off of I25 and Belleview (http://www.coloradobridalcollection.com/contact.html) and they truly offer an amazing experience. There is also a couture bridal shop off of the 16th Street Mall in Denver (very popular) just depending on what you are looking for.
  • wscott5340wscott5340 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Somethng we found was a bridal boutique online at www.psbridal.com. They do cator to plus size ladies, but they have just about any size.  It is nice to see if there are any dresses that you like, and then you can see if there is anybody locally who carries the line of dresses to check them out and see the colors.  We got our dresses on time and they were so much cheeper then ordering it at a salon.  We got alterations done at a local non "traditional" wedding altering company and we saved a ton of money.  good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I have already gone to Priscilla's of Boston in the Cherry Creek area. It's going to be hard for you to find dresses within your budget there. Mine is $2,000 and I only found one dress that was close to that.

I have also been to Blue Bridal (located downtown on the 16th street mall). They were really great and the majority of their dresses are going to be within or under your price range. I found a great all-lace dress for just under $1,000. They do have a fairly small selection though, and not a whole lot in the style I wanted.

When I go shopping in a couple weeks I will be hitting Bea's Bridal Nook, Little White Dress, Anna Be, Felice Bridal, and Blue (again!). Check out the websites and get a feel for the styles they offer. I have a feeling that I'm going to find the lace styles I want at Anna Be and Little White Dress. If you're short on time, doing a little research into the available designers will really help you narrow down where you should go. Also keep in mind the days that the shops are closed. Some are closed on Mondays, which is pretty normal, but Anna Be is closed on Sundays and Little White Dress is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

One last thing... I fully expect that a lot of Anna Be's dresses (and possibly others) will be out of my price range. If I find the one I want but it's too expensive, I'm going to look at preownedweddingdresses.com. It's like ebay for wedding dresses and I've found all the ones I've been interested in on there. You can get the same dress for a fraction of the price because someone has already worn it and is selling it after their wedding. Just keep in mind that there are ways around the stuff that's on the pricey end.

Hope that helps and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much!  I talked to my aunt about Schaeffers, (she recommended) but I was looking online and they had bad reviews.  I am hesitant to book there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards