Colorado-Denver

Venue Insight on this List? Or other good recommendations?

We're looking to hold a wedding in October or November 2010 with ~100 people for preferably under $7500 and no more than $10K.  Any input/experience on/with the following venues:

Phipps Conference Center
School of Art & Design
Table Mountain Inn
Claremont Inn
University of Denver School of Hotel Restaurant & Tourism Mgmnt
Historic Pinecrest Mountain Chapel & Event Center
The Golden Hotel
Arvada Center
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PAIF/SAIF welcome
TTC #1 since 10/2010, Cycle #26
Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
IUI #1 (Cycle #24): Clomid, Gonal-F, trigger, 4M post-wash = BFN 11/9/12
IUI #2 (Cycle #25): same protocol, 10M post-wash = BFN 12/12/12
Break Cycle #26 = CD69 BFP
Beta #1 2/20/13 = 449, Beta #2 2/22/13 = 1012, Beta #3 2/25/13 = 2479
u/s 3/1/13 = gest sac and yolk sac
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Venue Insight on this List? Or other good recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Christie's of Genesee?  We are getting married there in August 2010 and our budget is a max. of $6500.  We are going to be able to have the "wedding of our dreams", but won't break the bank!  Christie's is absolutely beautiful and they can do indoor and outdoor ceremonies, included in the pricing is the DJ, reception, catering, setup/cleanup, chairs, tables, and linens!  Not to mention they are super nice and provide bridal cunsultations as well! 
  • odelayodelay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynnyloo, 
    I am also trying to do an August wedding for 100 people for under 10K.  If you want to expand your travel distance a bit, there are some fantastic venues down in Denver and Colorado Springs.  I am currently looking at Hillside Gardens in Colorado Springs, Denver Botanical Gardens, Three Trees Chapel in Littleton, The Manor House in Littleton, The Meadows at Marshdale in Evergreen, and Cherokee Ranch and Castle in Castle Rock.  Also in Colorado Springs is the Pinery, the Broadmore, and The Briarhurst Manor.  I have not checked out those venues because I am pretty sure they are out of my price range, but it never hurts to ask!  I am also considering a Monday wedding to cut down on cost and possible guest list.  
    Hope that helps!
  • COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Pinecrest on May 1st and I can't wait! The owners have been incredibly nice and helpful throughout the planning process. They have been very accomodating all the times we have stopped by to show the chapel and event center to out of town family and friends. I love that they are a local family and they really treat people well. They have open houses about once a month if you haven't been there yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lynnyloolynnyloo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I am going off of online information currently because we are planning the wedding from the DC area.  Of those venues that you have recommended what would work for the colder weather (have room for 100+ indoors)?  Also if you have visited them for a venue visit what was your impression on the atmosphere, food, etc?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    TTC #1 since 10/2010, Cycle #26
    Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
    IUI #1 (Cycle #24): Clomid, Gonal-F, trigger, 4M post-wash = BFN 11/9/12
    IUI #2 (Cycle #25): same protocol, 10M post-wash = BFN 12/12/12
    Break Cycle #26 = CD69 BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/13 = 449, Beta #2 2/22/13 = 1012, Beta #3 2/25/13 = 2479
    u/s 3/1/13 = gest sac and yolk sac
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lynnloo~
    I looked at the Rocky Mountain Cchool of Art & Design and Table Mountain Inn.  I really liked RMCAD's architecture.  The circular room was amazing and I like the idea of having our cocktail hour in an art gallery.  The only reason we didn't choose that location was because you have to use their in-house caterer, Gourmet Fine Catering, and we were not too impressed with how they conducted business.  I know some girls on this board have had better experiences with them at other venues, but we just weren't impressed.

Table Mountain Inn has amazing food and a good general atmosphere, but I think it's a little tight for 100 people.  We have 85 on our guest list and thought the ceremony space was definitely too small.  They have conference rooms that can accomodate your guest list, but those rooms have no windows and a good view was one of our priorities.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    Lynnloo~I just got your private message, sorry.  I will respond now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    Odelay~
    Meadows at Marshdale was one of our top contenders, but it was out of our price range because of ceremony costs.  The cost to use their ceremony site was outrageous and would have put us over our budget by $500.  We are doing a wedding for 85pp at under 10k.

Denver Botanical Gardens can be an afforadable option, depending on which site you use.  The downtown site is overpriced in my opinion, and does not grant you any real privacy amongst its grounds.  The Chatfiled site is more rustic and has potential, if that's the route you're interested in.
  • kvanscoykkvanscoyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the DU school of HTRM.  We loved it.  Given to do over I would still have my wedding there.  My only suggestion- be sure that you know what person will be there during the event itself.  Ours changed so many times that a few things got missed.  If it is in your budget I would recommend a day of coordinator- or a friend to make sure that everything is in the right place.  This is the only thing that I would change.  If you need any more info- just ask!

Kristin
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually a student at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design and yes the architecture is beautiful. However, keep in mind the area it is in (right off of Colfax). I wouldn't recomend it simply because there is a work release center for inmates on the other side of the fence (the other fancy looking building) and the beautiful circular room holds NO heat at all in the cold.
  • edited December 2011
    I knew about the whole Colfax issue, but did not know about the detention facility and heat issues.  Wow...glad I didn't choose them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards