Colorado-Denver

Wedding cost??

I know it's personal, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the total cost/breakdown of their wedding. Mine hasn't happened yet, but I think we will be around 15,000$.
Breakdown:
Venue 7,000 taxes and tips 1,500
Those include my ceremony fees food and alcohol, my dj and cake
Dress 1,100 prob 1,500 after alterations
Photographer 1,500
Invites 200, stamps 200$
DIY thing 500$
Ceremony and reception extras 500$

Some of those are just estimates since I haven't purchased everything yet.

Re: Wedding cost??

• How many guests are you planning to have? I did a poll similar to yours last year when I first stared planning my wedding. I will see if I can find the link for you.
  • coolwhipz1coolwhipz1 member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2013

like PP asked: how many guests are you having? I live in Denver and just had my wedding in nov. we had about 145 guests and spent over 25,000

Of course the less guests you have the less it can cost

• We are having roughly 100, we are quite away from getting rsvps but I'm guessing arou d there. Where did you ladies have your weddings?? We are at the inverness hotel
  • My wedding isn't until August but we're having it at Coors Field. I wanted to go look at Inverness hotel but never made it, it looked really pretty though. Have you started dress shopping?
  • Ahh, I loved the idea of coors field!! My FI is a big reds fan though, so coors field was a big no!! I bought my dress in December, little nervous though since it wont be here until June!!! YIKES!!! Have you gotten yours yet???
  • No dress yet. I had been putting it off and now I feel so rushed that its been tough to find anything I like. I hate the idea of dragging a super expensive dress around in the dirt on the field but I haven't found anything in a lower price range that felt right. What's your date?
  • Haha, I hear ya on that!! Dresses are far too pricey! I'm just afraid of my train dragging on the grass!! Have you been to wedding treasures in castle rock?? They are AMAZING!! They have tons of dresses I hadn't seen anywhere else, and I tried on 60 dresses before buying!! Our date is July 5th... Not my ideal date, but for the months we were looking at Inverness only had 4-5 days left :/ when is your date???
  • stcrstcr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    My date is Aug 16th it's a Friday too. I think July 5th is an awesome date, you could go see different firework shows around the world for your anniversaries. I haven't been to that dress store maybe ill have to check it out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_wedding-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:b00b6f56-0ac2-462a-9ffc-5b6a54355696Post:28159712-2e31-4f46-ab86-161a6858c58b">Re: Wedding cost??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My date is Aug 5th it's a Friday too. I think July 5th is an awesome date, you could go see different firework shows around the world for your anniversaries. I haven't been to that dress store maybe ill have to check it out.
    Posted by stcr[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Your wedding either is on a Monday or you are posting the wrong date. August 2nd is Friday. I know because mine is the next day. You should check out the Eco Bride store in Littleton. They have used dresses, but I heard they are in great condition, clean and affordable.</div>
  • Aw I posted the date wrong :( I meant August 16th. It's a Friday I don't know how I was so off lol.
  • Have you tried wedding dress consignment shops?  There are some really nice ones in Denver.  I've heard great things about The Altar Bridal Consignment.  If you have an issue with used dresses or you aren't sure you can try Patty Elliot's Place, which has both new and gently used dresses.  Little White Dress also has a really awesome sale rack.

My wedding is budgeted at $9000, and we're pretty sure it will come in close to that. We expect 110 people and are getting married at Washington Park Boathouse.  Here's a quick breakdown of costs from most to least expensive:

Catering: 3800
    Rentals: 1400
    Photographer: Friend for free
    Dress & Accessories: 850
    DJ: 725
    Bartender & Booze: 650
    Venue: 610
    Gifts & Favors: 400
    Flowers: None
    Invitations: Friend for Free
    Wedding Insurance: 260
    Decor: 150
    Rings: None (we decided we didn't want them)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_wedding-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b00b6f56-0ac2-462a-9ffc-5b6a54355696Post:78f53a17-5f2d-4366-997f-f5c28b6dd3bf">Re: Wedding cost??</a>:
    [QUOTE]No dress yet. I had been putting it off and now I feel so rushed that its been tough to find anything I like. I hate the idea of dragging a super expensive dress around in the dirt on the field but I haven't found anything in a lower price range that felt right. What's your date?
    Posted by stcr[/QUOTE]
  • Traphael, 
    Who are you having cater your wash park boathouse wedding and when are you planning on having your wedding there? We want to have our wedding there, but we haven't booked yet. I was crunching numbers and I figured it would cost around $12,000. I don't have anyone to do any freebies though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_wedding-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:b00b6f56-0ac2-462a-9ffc-5b6a54355696Post:461752ae-a0cd-464d-a5dc-0b8434772c3c">Re: Wedding cost??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Traphael,  Who are you having cater your wash park boathouse wedding and when are you planning on having your wedding there? We want to have our wedding there, but we haven't booked yet. I was crunching numbers and I figured it would cost around $12,000. I don't have anyone to do any freebies though. 
    Posted by michelle12982[/QUOTE]

<div>Michelle, we are having our wedding in June (see my reply to your other post about wash park). You might want to call denver parks and rec asap about reserving the boathouse... I spoke to the wash park boathouse coordinator a couple weeks ago and he said they were all booked for the 2013 season, but there might be one or two open days left.  And even if there isn't, I have some other ideas you might find useful.  I'm really excited to help if I can.</div>
  • court248807court248807 member
    First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    I would love it if you could give me a little mor information about your experience working with the city and your catering company. I want to do my wedding at City Park next June, but am a little worried about finding a caterer that can work there, and getting everything decorated. Any help you can give would be amazing.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_wedding-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b00b6f56-0ac2-462a-9ffc-5b6a54355696Post:57cc05e2-715b-4110-bcab-97674b085c75">Re: Wedding cost??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding cost?? : Michelle, we are having our wedding in June (see my reply to your other post about wash park). You might want to call denver parks and rec asap about reserving the boathouse... I spoke to the wash park boathouse coordinator a couple weeks ago and he said they were all booked for the 2013 season, but there might be one or two open days left.  And even if there isn't, I have some other ideas you might find useful.  I'm really excited to help if I can.
    Posted by traphael[/QUOTE]
  • Traphael - Congratulations your wedding (since it is now past June)!  How did everything turn out at the Boathouse? Did you camp out last year to get a date in June? I am looking into the boathouse for next year.  Can you tell me who catered your wedding and where your rentals came from?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards