Colorado-Denver
Options

Anybody doing the malibu color from Davids for their wedding colors by chance?

If you are let me know:) Happy Planning!

Re: Anybody doing the malibu color from Davids for their wedding colors by chance?

• Options
    bblazierbblazier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am!!!
  • Options
    Kessler2012Kessler2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am!  trying to decide what kind of flowers to put with it.?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am debating on it.  Getting married April 2012 and not sure if it is too "bright" for dress color.  Wedding is at a country club
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am but haven't figured out what I want as an accent color!  Wedding in June...  Thinking yellow.
  • Options
    ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone :) If you want to see my pictures go to http://smu.gs/iw8pQl and the password is KandK72211  Our colors were Malibu and our flowers were gerber daisies. Malibu is such a great color! The wedding turned out great and I had so many compliments on how pretty the colors were! hope my pictures help with any ideas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for sharing! i will be having my wedding in june with the malibu color. I love the tie that your husband wore, do you remember where you got it? 
  • Options
    ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :) the colors really are a lot of fun!  I got the tie from a gary michaels in Nebraska.  You should be able to find it online possibly though.  Sometimes, you just have to order some things and hope they match.  I got lucky on most things. Happy Planning :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am! Having my Reaffirmation for our 10 wedding Anniversary in July 2012!!! So excited I think the color is Awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    malibu colors in wedding

I ran across your post regarding flowers, etc. to match the Malibu color. I, too, chose this color for my March wedding because i LOVE it...however, (of course its AFTER bridesmaids dresses have been ordered), I am beginning to realize that it is very difficult to coordinate with other colors. I looked at your pictures (very helpful). My other wedding color is silver. I was going to have ushers in silver, and groomsmen/my fiance' in malibu colored tie. I really like the striped ties in your pictures...where did you get them? Also, I was trying to find cocktail napkins to match...did you do this/where did you find them?? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks.

~Amy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was debating white calla lillies for bridesmaids and pink and white calla lillies for my bouquet....I debated with the yellow flowers because it is one of my favorite colors, but I figured since my wedding colors are Malibu and Silver, I needed a 'girly' pastel color (pink or purple...just my opinion though. Any reccommendations?
  • Options
    ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey Amy, Congrats on getting married first of all!!  The ties were a big hit! They are from Express! Express ties match the malibu very well!!  I waited and waited until I found the ones I loved! They get new ones all the time.  Look online, in the store, everything.  I found napkins at a local store here in Denver, I wasn't too concerned about matching the napkins.  I got chair sashes, and table runners that were in the malibu that added a lot to the reception. In my opinion, I would not do a pastel color with the malibu! I get compliments on my bright colors everyday.  i would go with yellow for sure.  Malibu is too bright to go with a pastel.  Let me know if you have any other questions : ) email me if you would like, kthaut@lps.k12.co.us Good Luck!

• Options
    Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Love the pics and ideas.  I'm getting married June 16 in Michigan and also chose Malibu too.  You gave me some great ideas as far as flowers go too!  :)  The bright colors look amazing.  Love your dress and the guys ties too!  What color exactly is your husbands tie from Express?

Congrats!!!!

Renee
  • Options
    I am... I love the color. I'm getting married May 19, 2012. I actually decided to go with fake flowers that look very real. I got the whole wedding party flowers on ebay for $300.00 very nice. and they have the color Malibu in them so the match perfect.
  • Options
    I am! I am doing both the Malibu and Horizon blues with silver accents.  Does anyone know where I could possibly get malibu colored linens?
  • Options
    I too am doing Malibu/silver for our outdoor August wedding!  I am not sure of the exact flowers I'm using because I'm going through a wholesales where the bouquets are already made up...but I just want bright summer wildflower type flowers.  I agree with using bright flowers to go with the malibu and silver. 
    I never thought to check at express for ties for the guys...they are wearing silver/gray vest only (no tux) and that would work great!  Thanks for the ideas girls!
  • Options
    Hi,

I was wondering what was the person user name for the flowers you bought on ebay?
  • Options
    im thinkging about it but dont know what color to match it with
  • Options
    I love this color it's so screams spring my wedding is may of 2012 and as of right now I love the purples and oranges that bring it out, I was gonna do the gold but my theme is two hearts and thats all in silver. So I figure the purple pinks and some orange will go good in incorparting the silver!! But it is a very tough color to match to. My concern is going to be the cake,,,,
  • Options
    Love this color can't wait to start pulling this all together I'm pairing it with bright pink oh so excited!
    LyssaandZach
  • Options
    i think i am. Im planning to match it with the apple color too
  • Options
    I can't seem to access your pics, Are they still available?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_anybody-doing-malibu-color-davids-their-wedding-colors-chance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b105fb1c-c74d-4aa6-a11c-4dc8f41e5e6dPost:66667c77-3b28-417f-97c1-ae391eca6806">Re: Anybody doing the malibu color from Davids for their wedding colors by chance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone :) If you want to see my pictures go to <a href="http://smu.gs/iw8pQl" rel="nofollow">http://smu.gs/iw8pQl</a> and the password is KandK72211  Our colors were Malibu and our flowers were gerber daisies. Malibu is such a great color! The wedding turned out great and I had so many compliments on how pretty the colors were! hope my pictures help with any ideas :)
    Posted by Thaut[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_anybody-doing-malibu-color-davids-their-wedding-colors-chance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b105fb1c-c74d-4aa6-a11c-4dc8f41e5e6dPost:99721511-bc7c-4562-9463-fd1194c740f5">Anybody doing the malibu color from Davids for their wedding colors by chance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are let me know:) Happy Planning!
    Posted by Thaut[/QUOTE]

Yes I am, with silver accents!!1
  • Options
    Do any of your bridesmaids still have their dresses? I am looking for a size 10 or 12
  • Options
    Do you have any malibu colored chair sashes or runners my email is kristidroidgmail.com if so please email me wedding n two months ypurs was last yr right ?
  • Options
    Do you have any malibu sashes by any chance or table runners to sale? getting married in two months need some . If so my email is kristidroidgmail.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_anybody-doing-malibu-color-davids-their-wedding-colors-chance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b105fb1c-c74d-4aa6-a11c-4dc8f41e5e6dPost:fc9d8108-4883-4211-aa6a-60879a8a8eca">Re:Anybody doing the malibu color from Davids for their wedding colors by chance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any malibu sashes by any chance or table runners to sale? getting married in two months need some . If so my email is kristidroidgmail.com
    Posted by Ksonnier1[/QUOTE]
    My bridesmaids have malibu  dresses from David's bridal and my matron of homor is canary. I think they compliment each other well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards