Colorado-Denver
Options

Affordable Hotels in Downtown Denver for Reception?

Any of you ladies have a great suggestion for a hotel reception in Downtown? I am looking for something that is reasonable priced yet still upscale... like i'm sure a lot of people are. We looked at the Warwick, which was okay but the ballroom was a little small. I haven't really been able to find anything else that's in the price range but better so I'm looking for some good ideas... THANKS!

Re: Affordable Hotels in Downtown Denver for Reception?

• Options
    masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Oxford (I think they have a 10,000 minimum though)?  They are one of the better prices I've seen in downtown though unfortunately.  Other ideas are the Westin or Crowne Plaza.  I am fairly sure the Crowne Plaza might be cheaper, but if I remember correctly, photos from the ballroom on their website didn't impress me. 

I had my reception at the Sheraton Denver West in Lakewood.  Overall it went extremely well and I was very happy.  It is only 15ish minutes from downtown on Hwy 6 (I think), and the nice thing is the rooms were $79 per night for our guests....which is a lot cheaper than most of the downtown hotels (and 2/3 of our guests were from out of town).
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  If you want to know more about my experience with Sheraton DW, just ask!  I had a couple of minor problems which could have been avoided.....so I'd be able to pass on some advice!  Overall we were pretty happy with them!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HutchHHutchH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions Christine! I'll ask my FI and the Sheraton DW and let you know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any of the hotels will work with you on the F&B minimum, I negotiated with the Oxford, Monaco and honestly got a GREAT price for F&B (on a super tight budget) from Ritz Carlton.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards