Colorado-Denver
Options

color/flower suggestions for my venue?

Hi ladies,

The logistical end of wedding planning has just zapped my creativity :-\   Below are pictures of my reception venue (Inn at Palmer Divide - Palmer Lake, CO).  There's a lot of earth tones going on.  The dining area has red walls in the background, but the dominant color is the peachy color on the marble posts and walls/ceiling near the windows.

Any suggestions for a color scheme and/or flowers would be much appreciated. 

Incidentally, my FI and his groomsmen are wearing tuxes. I'm pretty certain I'm asking my girls (2 or 3) to wear a black cocktail dress of their choice.

Overall I'm trying to go for a classic look.. investing a lot in my photographer and don't want my pictures to look dated too quickly.

Thanks, ladies! I so appreciate it.

Mozaic restaurant (where dinner will be served)

bar area (off to the side)

cocktail/dancing space

Re: color/flower suggestions for my venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding that had black cocktail dresses. We each carried a white rose ball. That was different and cool. The bride's was bigger than the girls. She then used sliced limes and white flowers for her centerpieces. Her colors were white, lime green, and black. Very classy but fun at the same time. I'd suggest looking at magazines and pictures, and other brides sites such as green wedding shoes for ideas and find something that you and the fi like. I looked around for over a year at different ideas and was leaning towards the rustic chic style and that's what we are doing for our wedding with plum purple, green and white as my colors. It's a style that fits us as a couple and we both are comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what season is your wedding? plus lots of colorado wildflowers would be really cool!!

i'm horribly allergic to roses so i'm always looking for flower alternatives-like button flowers or wooden flowers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

I'm having a summer wedding - July 2012.

I was thinking about CO wildflowers, but have heard that they wilt easily.  If that is the case, I might use them more in the reception decor and use hardier flowers in the bouquets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards