Colorado-Denver
Options

Seating Arrangements

We are trying to decide if we should do seating arrangements for our wedding reception.  Can anyone offer their input as to why and why not to use a seating chart/arrangement of some sort?  I keep going back and forth as to whether we really need one and my FH is dead set against the idea.  Any thoughts and suggestions would be wonderful!

Re: Seating Arrangements

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the larger the wedding, the more need for a seating chart

if you're having a small casual wedding-then it's really not that necessary

but that's just my opinion

i would just let people mingle

i mean, there will be about 30 people at my wedding, so, i really am not going to do a seating chart or anything like that....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should have included the guest count.  We will be having at a very max. 100 people and about 12 of those are small children.  Who would have thought that deciding on whether or not a seating arrangement would be that difficult...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think if you're going to have THAT many kids, then, yes do a seating chart

some people get really really really annoyed if you put them next to kids

i would take that into consideration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say assign tables but people can pick their own seat once they find their table.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I completely agree with the pp's! Also, I've been to weddings before where I was solo, and only knew the families (who were of course very busy). I felt very awkward, as I ended up sitting at a table, across from ONLY an older couple, who wouldn't even respond to my chat attempts :)

I would have liked to have been sat at a table with at least other talkative people!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_seating-arrangements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:c6811f9c-fedd-4aec-a333-09ad711e44fcPost:611518be-5fc2-4c0c-af6b-cafe4fcc879c">Re: Seating Arrangements</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say assign tables but people can pick their own seat once they find their table.
    Posted by chelbell326[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this.  Plus it gives you options to have a kids only table or singles only table or mix it up w/ people whom you think will get along.

We are doing assigned tables w/ open seating at the table.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards