Colorado-Denver

Need your help with Denver-area planning!

Hey Co Knotties,

We’re doing an article for the local CO Knot Magazine, and we want to hear your tips on the best places in your area. Basically, this is a chance where we get to give props to local vendors. So tell us: What’s the best place for a bachelorette party in your city, the greatest florist, cake baker, hairdresser (and why!), or even the coolest place for photos or a post-wedding brunch. You’re not limited to these things, but it’s just an idea to get you started.

Post below, and thanks in advance!

Annie

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Need your help with Denver-area planning!

• edited December 2011
    a lot of our girls use CG Blume for event planning and have had awesome results!

http://cgblume.com/

they are affordable, easy to work with and the results are usually amazing!

places for bachlorette parties:

Sing Sing Dueling Piano bar-a different type of kareoke
    http://www.singsing.com/

Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret
    http://lannies.com/

Best places for photographs

Red Rocks
    http://www.redrocksonline.com/PURENATURE/AreaAttractions.aspx

or pretty much anywhere overlooking the mountains

hope this helps
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that a few of us go to Totally Baked Chef for our cakes, because the woman does amazing work and is affordable, not to mention her cakes taste better than any other wedding cakes ever. 

The Space Gallery, on Santa Fe is the best place for some pictures, they have a great murals in the back that creates an amazing back drop for some unique pictures.

And it is a great place for weddings and receptions. 

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED my cake baker (Paula Thomas of Teacup Shop Bakery).  She uses all organic ingredients & tries to use as many local ingredients as possible!  Because all of our family is from out of state, we considered our wedding a "destination wedding" of sorts & I really liked the idea that Paula used & showcased locally grown ingredients in our cake!

I also really liked our photographer (Rachel Terry of Stellar Photography) - most reasonably priced photographer we could find in the local mountain area.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gail from Encore Photography was the absolute best! Just got my photos and live then! Www.encoreportraits.com Erin from Plumsage was THE best florist! Www.plumage.com See my post on vendor reviews... I loved them all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was www.plumsage.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Best photographer:  Dawn Sparks (click).  She's a true artist.  And the way she uses light makes you look great.  I've never before loved so many pictures of myself.

Best cake baker: Intricate Icings (click).  For her unique designs and the quality of her cakes (and cupcakes and cake pops).

Best place for photos:  Denver Botanic Gardens.  In the winter.  It was a stunning backdrop for our engagement photos.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our engagement photos taken by Rachel Grace, and they turned out awesome: http://www.rachaelgracephotography.com/

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Bachelorette party:

The 1up Bar Arcade, great drinks, food, a juke box, giant jenga, and old school arcade games--like Chuckie Cheese for Gen X.  ;)

Or add your party onto a Denver bicycling event like the Moonlight Classic or New Belgium's Tour De Fat everyone drinks and wears costumes either way and I just saw a 30th B-day at Moonlight Classic, what a great way to celebrate IMO. 

Ceremony/reception and photos:

Denver Botanic Gardens 

The Daniels Fisher clock tower hosts private events on the floor with the clock face, gorgeous photos.
    7 year hitch
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_need-denver-area-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:d1ad9490-ca6d-4ed3-a508-8d23f5e6b9a7Post:764954ae-3b93-4413-a9e7-845a60bc7f77">Re: Need your help with Denver-area planning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bachelorette party: The 1up Bar Arcade, great drinks, food, a juke box, giant jenga, and old school arcade games--like Chuckie Cheese for Gen X.  ;) <strong>Or add your party onto a Denver bicycling ev</strong>ent like the Moonlight Classic or New Belgium's Tour De Fat everyone drinks and wears costumes either way and I just saw a 30th B-day at Moonlight Classic, what a great way to celebrate IMO.  Ceremony/reception and photos: Denver Botanic Gardens  The Daniels Fisher clock tower hosts private events on the floor with the clock face, gorgeous photos.
    Posted by waeberha[/QUOTE]
    My bachelorette party will be at a Denver Cruisers event.  So excited!
  • edited December 2011
    For a Bachelorette party,I would have to say "Sing Sing's" piano bar by Union Station downtown!! If you like being the center of attention, they will sing naught songs to you while you're on stage!! Everyone drinks, sings, dances, and laughs!! People of all ages are there too. (21 and up)
  • kjkummerkjkummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second Paula Thomas of Teacup Shop for cakes!  her cake is to die for and you will seriouly be killed by the amazingness of her macaroons!!! 

Also I loved my photographer, Rene Tate Photography. 
  • k6r1i8sk6r1i8s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    out of curiousity, how pricy was the florist, Plum Sage Floral? my floral budget is around $300 and i want to know if i'm wasting my time staring at their beautiful bouquets...
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEST Mobile Makeup Artist and Hair Styilst!  She came to me and worked with my entire wedding party - and everyone looked stunning!

www.LadyCharmArtistry.com
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards