Colorado-Denver

HELP! All inclusive or not???

Here is my deal... I am kind of in a budget (I would like to spend no more than 8k in the WHOLE wedding thingy) and I looked a couple of places I like and their prices include everything but photographer, cake, florist (u know, the more 'personal' stuff), Anyways... those places where between 5 to 6k. Now I found a very cool place, mountain views etc etc that charges 550 site fee for ceremony and reception but you have to get all the vendors (they allow you to bring your own liquor)...... I'm trying to save as much as I can, what would you think is the best option??? Is it possible to stick to just the site, get everything and still stay under my budget?? or go the easy way where everything is included?

Re: HELP! All inclusive or not???

• edited December 2011
    We did an all inclusive event at The Pinery, and let me tell you, it was so nice having everything under one roof.  They take care of everything.  It also gave me the peace of mind that someone else is "in charge" and not a family memeber "running" things.  My vote is do the all inclusive!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought so but then I found this place that I really like. And my problem is that I am not from the area so I have no idea how much all the vendors will cost!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on your guest list, if its HUGE (300+) or smaller?  If you get a good deal but have to find all of your vendors that could be tough.  That was one of the main issues we had when we first started planning.  I think if you can get a better deal with hiring all of your own vendors then go that route, but make sure you find a good DOC that can help put everything together.  However the venue we chose in Vegas is all inclusive, we went that route mainly because we couldn't meet the vendors in person. If you can do it all in one place that would be easiest for you and also if you are able to stay under budget too. Go for it.  I may be of no help though since I gave a case for either way.  I definitely think you could stay under budget either way. 
  • edited December 2011
    We actually found a place where we can bring in our own food/booze, etc. and we are coming in at a decent price. The venue itself cost us $3500, but everything else is pretty cheap. The DJ is included in the venue, we have a family friend doing the photography, I ordered my flowers from rosesource.com, and bought all my centerpieces from Michaels.  So I guess as long as you don't mind doing a lot of your wedding stuff yourself, then finding a venue that isn't all inclusive isn't a bad route to go. But if you don't want the headache (and believe me, it's A LOT of work! LOL), then you should probably stick with all inclusive. :-)

Good luck! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for ur opinions!! I agree that is SO easy to go all inclusive and just watch someone do everything for you LOL  I dont know, I do like this new place and the discountd price is great, I am not sure what to do.. I dont know if is worth the hassle specially because I will only have like 3 months to plan everything!....

bczican77  $3500 ONLY for the venue?????? That's crazy! Although I bet its an awesome and gourgeos place!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh I forgot, my wedding will be for about 60 people, nothing big,
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, unfortunately, we paid a hefty price for the venue.  We have 192 people that have RSVP'd yes so far, so we needed a fairly decent sized place.  We are getting married at Ellis Ranch (www.ellisranch.com) in Loveland.  They provide the tables, chairs, dressing rooms and DJ.  We have to provide the rest (food, booze, centerpieces, linens).  They have an outside area that will already be set up for us with chairs where we will be having the ceremony. We will go inside for the reception.  We are doing our own food (one of FI's really good friends is kitchen manager at Texas Roadhouse and offered us pulled pork and their yummy rolls for free!)... then we have family making the sides and meatballs.  We are also providing our own booze. So we are actually saving a tremendous amount of money on the food portion, which is Awesome!

I think planning and putting together in 3 months is a good amount of time.  My FI proposed last June, and while I've had 11 months to plan, I didn't actually start putting anything together until a couple months ago.  :-)

Let me know if you need advice/tips on anything DIY related!  I feel like I'm a pro at it by now! Hahaha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_inclusive-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:d710f23f-a926-4cfa-bc48-1c704d757fc9Post:e6b174dd-8b7a-43b2-9f7b-72b9689682be">Re: HELP! All inclusive or not???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, unfortunately, we paid a hefty price for the venue.  We have 192 people that have RSVP'd yes so far, so we needed a fairly decent sized place.  We are getting married at Ellis Ranch ( <a href="http://www.ellisranch.com)" rel='nofollow'>www.ellisranch.com)</a> in Loveland.  They provide the tables, chairs, dressing rooms and DJ.  We have to provide the rest (food, booze, centerpieces, linens).  They have an outside area that will already be set up for us with chairs where we will be having the ceremony. We will go inside for the reception.  We are doing our own food (one of FI's really good friends is kitchen manager at Texas Roadhouse and offered us pulled pork and their yummy rolls for free!)... then we have family making the sides and meatballs.  We are also providing our own booze. So we are actually saving a tremendous amount of money on the food portion, which is Awesome! I think planning and putting together in 3 months is a good amount of time.  My FI proposed last June, and while I've had 11 months to plan, I didn't actually start putting anything together until a couple months ago.  :-) Let me know if you need advice/tips on anything DIY related!  I feel like I'm a pro at it by now! Hahaha!
    Posted by bczican77[/QUOTE]

Wish I had known this venue existed, definitely would have kept the wedding in Denver so more poeple could have come.
  • edited December 2011
    Wallacje,

Yeah... that was our thing.. we wanted as many people to go as possible, which is why we specifically chose a place that we can bring in our own stuff. :-)  Although I have to say, the thought of running off to Vegas with less people really sounds VERY appealing right now! Hahaha!

I was worried that by doing it on Friday as opposed to Saturday, not many people would come, especially since we're doing it at 530pm.  But, out of the 298 people invited, as of 10 minutes ago, there are 193 Yes's. LOL!    Doing it on Friday saved us $1000 over Saturday.  We almost opted for Thursday.  That would have saved us about $2500!! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    And I just looked at your website and your Reception area looks AMAZING!!!  How fun!  And I LOVE the program idea.  Probably a huge PITA to pull off, but I'm gonna see about doing it! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards