Colorado-Denver

Officiant costs

I am having difficulty finding an officiant 1) that we like and 2) that we can afford.  Any suggestions for a mountain wedding?

Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Officiant costs

• edited December 2011

Try hiring a judge or magistrate.  The judge I work with charges somewhere $50-$100 depending on travel distance, if I recall correctly.  Here is the link for Denver County judges that perform ceremonies: http://www.denvergov.org/TabId/383424/default.aspx

Good Luck!

68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Gabrielle Woods!  I gave her  a review in my bio.  She was fantastic, flexible, and affordable!  If you tell her leslie sent you, she might be able to cut you a reaosnable deal. 

http://mindfulmarriageconsultants.com/about.html
  • AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Rev Michael Woods.  He was fantastic! 
    303-490-0398
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Also remember you do not need a officiate in Colorado to be married. You can do it yourselves and just have a family or friend speak during the wedding. Just makes sure they are very responsible and comfortable with public speaking.
  • ksheets13ksheets13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem trying to find an officiant and the cost.  My fiance wants to have a minister perform the ceremony, but we don't belong to a church.  We have the venue, but does anyone have a suggestion for a minister to perform the wedding from a church?  We are getting married in April.
  • AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any of the above suggestions should work for you too ksheets.  :)
  • JLouk83JLouk83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having some trouble as well finding an officiant within our budget.  I have contacted several in the last week and they all seem to be in the $300 range, which is more than I would like to spend.
    AmyO.-To save the trouble of contacting yet another person, can you tell me if Rev Woods is in that same price range?
    Thanks for your help!
  • AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, he is in the same price range.  I know that some people want to save money-and just go with a judge....but to me, the ceremony IS the main part of the wedding.  It should be special and amazing and something that people remember.  I had so many people (seriously-a crazy number of people) come up to me and tell me that was the best ceremony they have ever heard.  Even some of my guy friends that I wouldn't think even cared about the ceremony-I thought they were just ready to party at the reception... Who would think numerous 20something year old men would be touched by a wedding??
    It was personal, touching, and spoken from the heart. 

Rev Woods did a truly amazing job and he was worth every penny.  He rocks.
  • JLouk83JLouk83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a great point!  Thank you so much,  He sounds really amazing and I think I will give him a call.
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked with Rev. Woods for our March wedding.  He is very professional, welcoming and will personalize your ceremony however you want it. He can do non-religious or religious. We are both Catholic but not getting married in the church. We couldn't find a priest to come to our venue. Rev. Woods put together a ceremony with some of our Catholic traditions incorporated that fits our (hopefully) outdoor wedding perfectly! I am very excited and would already recommend him just from our first meeting. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking into having my best friend's brother do our ceremony.  He did her wedding and did FANTASTIC a job.  Although it isnt required, he is ordained in the State of Colorado.  If we don't use him, I am hoping we can find an inexpensive judge.  We are NOT religious, are not being married in a church, and have very unique views on the entire topic in general - so it is very important for us to find someone who is not going to bring in the bible, god, or religion during our ceremony.  We are hoping to do a non-denominational ceremony that is pretty quick and to the point, the FH and I are are pretty shy, so the less time we have to stand up in front of everyone, the better!    GOOD LUCK!

http://www.denvergov.org/TabId/383424/default.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's funny that couples get so concerned about spending $300 for an offiiciant when that's probably the least expensive vendor of all! I agree that the ceremony is the most important part of the wedding day. Shouldn't it cost at least as much as the cake?

We're using Lyssabeth's and paying $289. They have been awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards