Colorado-Denver
Options

DIY photo booth?

Did anyone or is anyone planning to do a DIY photo booth? I'm wondering if I can pull this off by buying some fun props and using my digital camera on a tripod. Or, if you rented a photobooth, do you mind sharing the cost and a review. I'm in CO Springs. Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DIY photo booth?

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our photog is setting up a DIY photobooth at our reception.  we bought some clearance props after halloween, and they will put up a plain backdrop with the camera on a tripod in front.  i'd think you could easily set one up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought a photo booth (Booth66.com) it cost around $1100 but I cant remember exactly how much. All I can say is that is was worth EVERY penny!!! The guests LOVED it and everyone had such a great time. So many people used it that I didnt think would have interest, like my grandparents! We did not do favors and considered this our favor for the guests because they got take take the pictures home. If you want to see the pics from our booth at our wedding just let me know.
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIY'd all the props, and our photog set it up for us. There's more info in my bio under "DIY" It was such a huge hit at our wedding, all the guests had a blast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might consider asking your photographer the extra cost of having a second photographer at the reception to actually take the photos and run the photo booth area. I know that Yellow Paddle Photography offers two photographers with all their packages and many other photographers have a "add-on"rate. Most photographers also have backdrop equipment and lighting equipment as well which could cut down on your personal costs and set-up/take down time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards