Colorado-Denver

New years eve wedding

So my fiance and I have been engaged for 2 1/2 years. We have not had a wedding due to not being able to afford the wedding of my dreams!  Been on Pinterest wayy too much and had my hopes set too high. Ive always wanted a fall country style wedding. Now I have this idea for me and him to get married on new years eve and throw a party and his grandmas house.  We would go to the courthouse that morning then have the party that night. We would say our vows in front of our friends and family and exchange rings.   Any suggestions?  Any thoughts or ideas welcome. Thanks

Re: New years eve wedding

• i think that sounds like fun!

maybe you should make it a surprise party wedding. like invite everyone over for a party, thinking it's NYE party and then surprise, it's your wedding!

you can solomize you own wedding here in colorado, so not a big deal

plus it will be NYE so the champagne will be flowing and people will already be happy and kissy

black, white, silver, gold. so much fun. it does sound like fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_new-years-eve-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:e88a0614-f555-4635-8475-2f3cd7a03131Post:4393f167-9a9e-4b7f-9366-f52ecb58cff6">Re: New years eve wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think that sounds like fun! maybe you should make it a surprise party wedding. like invite everyone over for a party, thinking it's NYE party and then surprise, it's your wedding! you can solomize you own wedding here in colorado, so not a big deal plus it will be NYE so the champagne will be flowing and people will already be happy and kissy black, white, silver, gold. so much fun. it does sound like fun!
    Posted by sakana1840[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response.  Do you think I should wear a white dress or a glitter party dress?  When I solomize my own do I just go to the courthouse for the wedding licesnse ? How does that work?

We thought of making it a suprise
  • i think maybe a short white glittery dress?

you can solomize your own marriage by writing your own vows..read below

Solemnizing a Marriage: Couples themselves may solemnize their own marriage (perform one's own marriage ceremony). According to Colorado Revised Statute 14-2-109, a marriage may be solemnized by a judge of a court; by a court magistrate; by a retired judge of the court; by a public official whose powers include solemnization of marriages; by Indian tribe officials; by clergy; by the parties to the marriage. If you wish to solemnize your own marriage, you will be responsible for acquiring, completing and returning the license to marry to the appropriate county Office of the Clerk and Recorder.

here is a link to that website, scroll down for the info past the list of counties

http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/united_states/colorado/index.shtml
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think a surprise NYE wedding would be excellent! Wear whatever you want. Personally, I would go with a silver sparkly short dress, or make it white, but I would def. make it fun and flirty!

All you have to do is go get your marriage license and sign off on it yourselves. Just ask when you apply, they should be able to offer a little more clarity if you need it.

Have fun!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards