Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Are you and FI/DH a PERFECT MATCH!?

Saw this on FB today and figured I would see how my DH and I match.... I am the first born, he is the last born... We WORK!

http://www.mydaily.com/2011/02/07/birth-order-relationships-linda-blair/

First-born with last-born: Opposites really do attract! First-borns are nurturers and caretakers, and last-borns often need to be cared for, so this match finds its perfect opposite.

Re: Are you and FI/DH a PERFECT MATCH!?

• FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're the same as you Happy. Although he's very nurturing so I'm not sure that the opposites attract. But in the what doesn't work category was first born, and only child. And for the record, it didn't for me. Dreaded Ex was an only child....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Middle child and first-born: If you're with a middle child, you've hit the jackpot. Middle children tend to be able to get along with both first-borns and last-borns. But any pairing does still require that both partners respect who the other is. An overbearing first-born should be on her best behavior around a more docile and malleable middle child.

This is exactly us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    According to this, yes.

Only child with last-born: This is a good match because last-borns tend to inspire creativity and freedom in only children.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also first born (DH) and last born (myself) and we work.  However, thinking back, my exes were mostly first borns and those matches didn't work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No we are a horrible match.  

I read a book years ago about birth order and I was just talking about it the other day with FI.  We are both first borns.  Oh well.
  • edited December 2011
    What about first born and only born? haha. I am first born, he is an only child.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_fidh-perfect-match?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:89ec2136-3e48-4e39-8c63-b7b842a7f065Post:ac305b3f-9102-4eb5-a1a7-aabe7eaa2579">Re: Are you and FI/DH a PERFECT MATCH!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about first born and only born? haha. I am first born, he is an only child.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

<strong>What Doesn't Work</strong>

<strong>Two first-borns: </strong>Conflict is likely if you're highly competitive and both want to be in charge. It can work if you can channel your competitive drives outside of the relationship.

<strong><font color="#ff0000">First-born and only child:</font> </strong>Ditto for this pairing, which may exhibit many of the negative characteristics of a first-born match.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yea I just looked. sorry I jumped the gun. and DUH. this is stupid... I am going back to writing my thank you notes. ha.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah... I've never believed these. FI and I are both First Borns. ExH and I were opposite- I was FB, he was LB. We saw how that worked out...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Middle child and last-born: A great match because middle children aim to please and will support a last-born's desires to pursue their dreams.

He's number 8 of 9 kids, and I'm the baby...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm only and DH is first.. but we don't fit that description at all.   However, when I think back to ex's that failed miserably it was because they were also all first borns and DID fit it to a tee.  
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    same as you happy!
  • edited December 2011
    I am first born, he is last. That description sounds like us :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Only child with last-born: This is a good match because last-borns tend to inspire creativity and freedom in only children

this is the conversation that followed with JEGs:

me: hey did you know that we are a good match because I can inspire creativity and freedom in you?

JEGs: what do i do for you?

me: you make me awesome grilled cheeses :)

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Two middle children: Middle children are a good match because of their combined diplomacy and desire to please, but they should be careful of being too deferential to each other.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Apparently I am nothing, as I am my mom's first-born but my dad's second.  My dad had split custody of my big brother with his first wife, so truly there were times when I was very much the oldest sibling of the family and times when I was the middle child. I better go file the divorce papers now! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm first born and he's last. We fit the description to the extreme.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are both first borns so according to this article we dont' work...however we work really well together. I think he has some last born/only child tendancies, cause he's the only son, but is a first born at heart! My mom is a last born and so is my sister and those last borns drive me crazy! Another thing is that my Dad is a first born and my Mom is a last born and their we're NOT a perfect match (divorce proves that..haha) So as in everything there are exceptions.

I also noticed this in my class, I usually get along with my first born, middle born students much easier than the last borns.  I think birth order also can have a lot to do if you're the first/only boy in a family or the first/only girl in the family.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two middle children: Middle children are a good match because of their combined diplomacy and desire to please, but they should be careful of being too deferential to each other.

He's 3rd out of 4
    I'm 4th out of 5

I think it works b/c we're both from bigger families therefore, we're used to not getting any attention ;) 
    I don't really get the desire to please part.  I'm like that to an extent but he doesn't give a crap what other people think.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

When I saw your post I immediately thought of Rodney Dangerfield in "Back to School."  Rodney Dangerfield's Quote: My wife's a water sign. I'm an earth sign. Together we make mud.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards