Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

About to call it quits....

Not only am I stressed about wedding drama, so is my fiance. The Venue is giving us a hard time, the dj wont return our calls and either will our photographer (we were suppose to take our engagement pics in April). I just dont even know if I want to do this anymore ! And we are still 1yr 3mnths away...how's it going to be 3mnths before the wedding.......  very stressed !

Re: About to call it quits....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys should take a few weeks off from planning.. go on vacation, even if that means just going to the shore, or nyc for a weekend, or something local.   Don't get bogged down by wedding craziness!  Sometimes people get SO caught up in planning that they forget WHAT they are planning for and the reasons why you are getting married in the first place.  GL!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People probably aren't returning your phone calls because you have SO MUCH time.  I know that to you it seems liek "OMG I'M GETTING MARRIED IN X AMOUNT OF DAYS!"   However, these professionals have other weddings to attend to first, and no offense, but yours is probably not even on their radar.  What do you even need to discuss with the DJ a year out?  Trust me, if you have a DJ booked, then you don't need to talk to him again for another year and two months.

I agree with the Ooodster.  Take some time off.  You don't have to have everything done now.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely agree with all of the above. FI and I put our deposits down on everything way early, and at about 11 months out, we took a break from planning. We're just getting back into everything, confirming everything with the vendors, etc at around 6.5 months out. Actually, I just emailed the pastor & DJ on friday, and the venue coordinator and the photographer will be today.

Please don't take this offensively, but they may also be avoiding returning your phone calls because they're thinking, 'If this is how much she's calling us now, imagine how she'll be calling us 3 months from the wedding! Let's pace ourselves...' Know what I mean? Just relax, give it 3 months, and at a year, make a phone call or two. If things aren't settled then, that's when it's time to look for new vendors.

If the photog won't answer for engagement pictures, maybe shoot them an email on their website- or look for another photog to take some cute engagement shots at a lesser price.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DJ has no reason to talk to you now so they're not going to get back to you right away. Plus both vendors just started the wedding season so I'm sure things are just hectic. How long have you been trying to reach them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  Because you have so much time, they probably have other brides to worry about first.  I know it feels frustrating. Take some time off and then pick it back up.  You have plenty of time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like everyone has said, just try to take a step back from wedding madness for a bit. When my fiance and I first became engaged, I was soo overwhelmed with everything that had to be done. It caused a lot of tense moments between my fiance and I. I was so obsessive and he wanted nothing to do with the wedding because of it (which upset me). Everything felt like a huge burden to my shoulders and I was feeling similar to what you are going through right now. What we did was booked all of our big vendors - and took a break.

It's easy to get into "wedding mode" and feel like you need to plan for the entire 1.5 years before the big day, but you (and your fiance) will go nuts if you do that. I haven't heard from any of my vendors. Many of them said they will meet with us 1-3 months before the big day. I totally understand if you have specific questions, you'd like to get a response. Try your photographer again if you really want to go your engagement photos this time of year. As for everything else, stop with planning for a bit and go back to your normal routine. You have so much done already and TONS of time ahead of you. Sure, you can sneak on theknot.com, watch wedding tv shows, or look at magazines for ideas in the meantime- but planning should be FUN - try not to let the wedding consume you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the reason why we are contacting the dj is to see whats going on with the insurance (if he is getting it or not) and the photographer, we were suppose to have our epics done in april.... Just a pain in the ass .
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_call-quits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a642b446-c22c-4450-b76e-133eaf65cc2fPost:a6323382-9e87-4a33-b3d5-8fd99c1fa067">Re: About to call it quits....</a>:
    [QUOTE]People probably aren't returning your phone calls because you have SO MUCH time.  I know that to you it seems liek "OMG I'M GETTING MARRIED IN X AMOUNT OF DAYS!"   However, these professionals have other weddings to attend to first, and no offense, but yours is probably not even on their radar.  What do you even need to discuss with the DJ a year out?  Trust me, if you have a DJ booked, then you don't need to talk to him again for another year and two months. I agree with the Ooodster.  Take some time off.  You don't have to have everything done now.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

This.

I did the same thing last summer when trying to book vendors.  It took them a long time to respond through the busy season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards