Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Need to find a reception venue

Looking for a reception venue in Philly. Want a coctail party type reception with lots of dancing!! Where should I look?

Re: Need to find a reception venue

• edited December 2011
    What is your budget? How many people? What time of year?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    we are having about 90 people we don't have a large budget and are trying to be as frugal as possible. Our wedding is taking place in July.

• edited December 2011
    My sister's friend had a cocktail wedding at The Chart House and it was very nice, right on the water. Married outside right there. Not sure of the price.

There are many old houses and mansions for rent that lend themselves to this type of reception. Try www.partyspace.com

However, I will say, I have heard that in order to have enough apps to constitute a meal it can sometimes cost more than a buffet or plated meal. I think people assume a heavy app reception is cheaper but not always the case. So if you are doing it b/c you like that format great! If you are doing it because you think it is cheaper, be open to buffets and plated meals, you might be surprised!

Also, be wary anywhere you look that isn't giving you an all inclusive per person price. There are a lot of hidden fees that can pop up later and blow your budget.

HTH! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moshulu
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree, a heavy app wedding may well run you more than you are expecting, but by all means if that's what you want and can afford, go for it! I love apps and would love to be a guest at a wedding serving heavy apps! Just be sure there's something to soak up any alcohol you serve! Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards