Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Programs

Going to have these printed later today. I have about 100 people coming to the wedding (including bridal party, who obviously won't have a program). How many programs do you think I should make? One per person? One per couple?

I'm doing a petal fan (you inspired me, Rachel), so the fewer, the better. :)
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Programs

• edited December 2011
    I'd do one for every female guest. That seems to be the general rule of thumb... Maybe 75, that way you'll have enough for moms, keepsakes, etc.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh good! My advice for cutting them - use an exacto knife and ruler and you can do 5 or 6 at once for the straight lines.

I have 100 guests too and I made 75 fans. I'm positive there will be left over though. I like paprika's idea of one for every female guest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually bought a cheap paper cutter from michael's for all the straight lines - it seems like I can get 3 pieces of cardstock to cut well at the same time.

I like the idea of one per female guest too. I think I'm going to do around 70. Or until I get bored enough cutting to give up.
  • edited December 2011

You can also take them to Kinkos and they can cut them for you :)

I'm making 100 for about 185ish people.  We have 165 coming to the reception, but there are a bunch of coworkers who can't make it to the reception but wanted to come to the ceremony, and a few other people who asked FMIL if they can come to the ceremony. 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel & Bean - Do you have pics of your program fans? I love this idea - looking for some examples of how they turned out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_programs-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b41cb52f-fed3-4c85-8b9d-2dde07f377c1Post:5257032d-dc89-4de8-839d-b6b80cd2447b">Re: Programs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rachel & Bean - Do you have pics of your program fans? I love this idea - looking for some examples of how they turned out.
    Posted by spanglerwedding2012[/QUOTE]

YGPM
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    They turned out great! Love them. Were they super time consuming?

I am debating between a petal fan and a booklet. I have plenty of time to decide, just like to get input.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah they were pretty time consuming but if you plan well it's not so bad. i had them printed from vistaprint because of all the ink on the back and I like the thickness of their cardstock. I used an exacto knife to cut the straight lines and did a few sheets at a time. Then used scissors to cut the curved lines one at a time. The cutting was definitely the longest but I would just to a stack each night. Assesmbling them with the eyelet didn't take long at all.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards