Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

The Pros

Has anyone used The Pros for their DJ or photography? 

Re: The Pros

• edited April 2012
    I'm not using them. Somehow they got ahold of my contact information when I first got engaged (probably from a bridal expo) and would not stop calling and emailing for a period of at least several months. They would call or email me 2-3 times a week. Overall, I haven't heard any positive reviews and the general consensus from most people seems to be to stay away from them.
    Anniversary
  • I've never heard anything good about them. Like PP said, they harrass you nonstop if they get ahold of your information. I've heard that they won't stop, even after you tell them you've booked someone else, people end up having to tell them they've called off the wedding. I've seen a few people's pictures from them and I always feel like I could have taken them myself on my little canon digital camera. No idea about their DJs, but I would avoid the company in general.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using a DJ from the Pros.  I've been to another wedding that had a Pros DJ, and he was great. 

I wasn't too impressed by their photo or video packages in general, so we went elsewhere for that.

They didn't harrass me at all.  Actually when I have questions, the rep that I talk to gets back to me right away without any problems. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would back away quickly. Very very quickly. Don't look back. They'll harrass you until you tell them there was a death. True story. I used them for my first wedding. Pictures- horrible. DJ- even worse. Seriously. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    They got my info as well from the bridal expo. And we went to a Pros Showcase at the Raddison..I think in November. I was not impressed with the showcase. The DJs were nice, and I know someone who had a Pros DJ who recommended them, but the packages were priced pretty high. As for the photo/video, I was not impressed at all. All of the photos/photo albums they had on display there were not from the Philadelphia area at all. They weren't even photos from the photographers that were there. They basically choose their "best" photo albums to put on display, even though they were pics from L.A., NYC, and all over the US. When we asked individual photogs if we could see their actual work, we were told to go to the Pros website and view their profiles. When we asked videographers what they do, like if they interview guests/parents etc or if they just stay out of the way, the videographer's response was "I've done both in the past. It depends on what package you get. I'm not familiar with the details of the packages, you would have to talk to the sales department about that."

I think there are ups and downs for both smaller/local companies and big national ones. For us, we chose to go with local a (South Jersey) photographer and videographer. I love that our videographer is the owner of his own company and he is the one who will actually be filming our wedding day and doing the editing himself. Same with our photog.

The Pros sent me tons of emails, and I emailed back and told the woman twice that we have chosen other vendors for those services. Her final email to me said no problem, but asked if I could tell her why I chose to go elsewhere. I wrote her back a nice email and told her the reasons I listed above, and she did not respond back. You'd think she would at least send a "thank you for those criticisms" email back, but she didn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for your responses...I think I'll continue to look around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards