Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Sushi?

• edited December 2011
    I'm a spicy tuna girl, myself. Tuna anything really.

I also LOVE the Dynamite roll from Ooka - I think it's lobster and avocado...?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a cooked sushi only person... california roll, spider roll, tempura, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok well i guess we can't share any of the raw ones tonight?!  :o)

I will try some different ones tonight. I am excited. It is the little things in life.
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only ever had a cucumber roll - but now that I like more fish - what do you sushi lovers recommend (I'm not a fishy tasting fish kinda gal)
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love dragon rolls.... anything with eel.  Yum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Anything with spicy tuna, white tuna or tuna as well are my favs.  I basically love all the special rolls - any that don't have salmon.  I went last night with the fam and we got a boat of about 10 different kinds - all were amazing!  I could do sushi every day of the week.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_sushi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b6e7f67b-aafb-431f-85da-9c1431d9b82dPost:ceb8a8a3-9a0d-43ea-ac27-abe7b23d9bda">Re: Sushi?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Anything with spicy tuna, white tuna or tuna as well are my favs.  I basically love all the special rolls - any that don't have salmon</strong>.  I went last night with the fam and we got a boat of about 10 different kinds - all were amazing!  I could do sushi every day of the week.
    Posted by taccoten[/QUOTE]

Samesies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Anything different from the norm.  Anything with mango.  Anything wrapped in soy paper.  I love ones that include lots of different raw fish.  Also enjoy shrimp tempura in the mix.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My only issue with raw is that if it tastes too fishy I'll gag.  I'm not completely against it, I just don't want to take the chance of being grossed out.
  • edited December 2011
    There are some fishes that are fishier than others, and some rolls that don't mask it as well.
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had sushi for lunch .. so yummy!

I don't think I've ever had a roll I don't like but my favorites are: spicy salmon, shrimp tempura, spicy tuna! Also, Mt. Fuji has one called the Volcano Roll. I don't remember what is in it but it's AMAZING! Also, has anyone had a sweet potato roll? They are delish.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you are all making want sushi tonight. :-(
  • edited December 2011
    awww...... my darling hubby just offered to pick up bluefin for me (all I said was that I craved sushi).   I just have to eat it in the car, haha.
  • edited December 2011
    NOM NOM NOM BLUEFIN....

Spicy tuna is great.  I also love unagi (eel) :) Or a Philadelphia roll.  Or really anything with salmon.  TNT roll is also good....pretty mucha ny sushi is good...

..this wa a bad thread to read as I'm getting hungry for dinner now...
  • edited December 2011
    Love the philly kind with like tuna and cream cheese I get at Hibachi.   But I have to say my life has changed after having the Philly Roll at Azie.  It's got warm kobe beef wrapped around it and it is the best taste I've ever experienced.  Since it's $12/roll I can't get it too often but had it tonight and love love love it!!!  (Great one for those afraid of fishy rolls...i think it's shrimp)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I am boring, I got a california roll and then a shrimp tempura roll. But I did try green tea ice cream.... kinda tastes like nothing.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only ever had sushi once and that was almost 10 years ago.  I didn't like it but after reading this thread, I'm considering giving it a second chance.  I'm with MH though, I don't like fishy.  I'm not a fan of slimey either.  Slime would make me gag even more than fishy I think.  I like my food cooked.  I love seafood though.  FI likes sushi.  I really should try it again.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Stacy we will make a date and you can try it again :)  hows next Saturday? hahahaha
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I'm busy :) !!!!!!!  I can't wait to torture you in the spring!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_sushi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b6e7f67b-aafb-431f-85da-9c1431d9b82dPost:e140187b-5c20-4110-8548-9a34c06be036">Re: Sushi?</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha I'm busy :) !!!!!!!  I can't wait to torture you in the spring!
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

hehe ;)  I can't wait to get tortured!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards