Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

VENT bachelorette party drama

How would you handle this situation? (long)

Friend A and friend B used to date (they are a lesbian couple).  They broke up the week before my shower and as I am originally friends with A, B did not come.  They are still friends however, and are both invited to the wedding.  I am still friendly with B, but don't usually spend time with her without A.

Now to this week, my two bridesmaids planned for us to go to Rehobeth Beach for my bachelorette this weekend.  Then on Sunday there will be a shower down in Maryland with FH's family.  Friend A was invited without Friend B. 

Last night both A and B come over for a drink to celebrate A's new job.  And they start talking about this weekend.  I was a little confused because they were talking as if B was coming.  So when they leave, I texted A to ask if she wanted B to come, and that it would probably be fine, I just didn't want to leave anyone out.  A texted me back this morning, saying that B got an invite to the shower on Sunday so she had assumed she was invited to everything.  Problem: B did not actually get an invite.

Things going through my head:
Maybe B is confused and they were talking about the shower she didn't actually come to back in March and then was talking about the wedding invitation that she did get sent separately.  Or, perhaps more likely situation, B is pretending she was invited to get close to A again and possibly win her back.  I have no clue. 

I'm only having my sister and FH's sister as bridesmaids to avoid this type of drama.  I really don't know what to do.  I left B a message vaguely asking what her plans were for this weekend and I sent A an email basically asking her to decide if B should come and then just handle it herself.

What would you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: VENT bachelorette party drama

• edited December 2011
    I think you handled it well. I'd maybe check with the people who were planning the events to figure out what the heck is going on though... and to give them a heads up on an extra person.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, at first I thought that maybe FH's sister actually did invite her.  And I only just got in touch with FH sister an hour ago and she confirmed that B was not invited.  This makes me feel uncomfortable because unless there was some major confusion between A and B (but A was pretty clear that B said she got an invite), it means that B was lying to A about getting an invite.  Now I'm just anxiously waiting to hear back from both A and B.  Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FH's sis also confirmed that it would be okay number wise for the events planned if she does come.  But that traveling will be more difficult because her car doesn't seat enough people.  We would probably have to borrow FMIL's car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards