Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Anyone been to Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion in Paoli?

Has anyone been to Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion in Paoli? They are one of a few stores that carry a designer I like (Pronovias) and I want to go check them out. However, the reviews online are really mixed and I'm a bit hesitant. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary

Re: Anyone been to Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion in Paoli?

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went. I didn't have a bad experience, but it wasn't great in any way. The woman who helped me was unhelpful. She didn't have any suggestions and made me feel like helping me was the last thing she wanted to do.

That said, if they have dresses that you want to try on, then go. Just don't expect too much.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there!  It has not come in yet though.

My dress is pronovias so let me tell you about my experience.  I found my dress somewhere else but then saw online that Van Cleve was having a a trunk show there so I figured I could go there and get the same dress for cheaper.

The trunk show special was 25% off.  When I originally found my dress elsewhere it was $1500.  They didnt have my dress at the trunk show but said they could order it for me. I said great lets do it.  So she comes out with the order form... $1550.  I said wait it was cheaper at the regular price somewhere else!  I ended up getting it for $1250.  Moral of the story - they mark up their prices pretty high! Bargain if you can!  I also had a coupon for a free veil up to $200 off (found at bridal show) so if you could get that it is very helpful too.

Now my dress was supposed to be in 4-6 months but its been more than 6 at this point which is kind of annoying...  Abby the manager is very nice.  We shall see when it actually arrives.

Sorry that was SO long.  Let me know if you have any questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there and really wasn't very impressed by the service or the selection of dresses. I would try the Wedding Shoppe, it is right down the road from the Wedding Pavilion in Wayne, and has a wide variety of dresses and all of the women that work there are so friendly and really know what they are talking
    about. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto The Wedding Shoppe. It's where I got my dress and they have been SO nice and accommodating. I also really like the seamstress they put me in touch with - so there's another bonus. I was just there on Wednesday for a fitting and they were bringing out a bunch of new gowns they had just gotten in. I was drooling. My seamstress had to keep telling me "No!". Their website doesn't say that they carry Pronovias though.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info and advice ladies! Although it's a little early for me to start dress shopping, I may take a look at the Pronovias trunk show coming to the store. Thanks again!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards