Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Songs/Music

This week I was very obsessed with listening to songs and reading lyrics. I wanted to see if anyone else was as crazy as me with these. It's so overwhelming to pick just one!! and the Groom/Mother is a hard one for him to pick too.

First Dance- Lady Antebellum- Just A kiss , Shania Twain- Still the One,      Blake Shelton- God Gave me You. Tim McGraw & Faith Hill- It’s your love. Bryan Adams- I do it for you.

Bride/Father- Faith Hill- There you’ll be & Darius Rucker- It Won’t be like this for Long
 Groom/Mother-      Martina Mcbride- Anyway Bride/Sons- LeAnn Womack- I hope you Dance & Rascal Flatts- My Wish Bridal Party-  Dionne Warwick -That’s what Friends are for &      Toy story- You’ve got a friend in me.

What is everyone else doing for songs? any suggestions?

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lauren & William
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
image 100 Are ready to party!
image 24 Will be missing out!
image 28 Are MIA!

Re: Songs/Music

• We're kind of all over the place with songs.  Our first dance will either be "Love of a Lifetime" by Firehouse or "All Your Life" by The Band Perry.  They both kind of define our styles as odd as that may sound.  One is a bit more of a fun pick and the other is more "serious." 

I forgot what my fiance wants to dance to with her dad and I'm struggling to find something for groom/mother dance.  Every song just seems so... Oedipus-like.  Am I weird for thinking that?!
  • We still have to find songs for mother/son dance, Intro to reception and garter toss
    (we aren't having a father/bride dance because my father is deceased)

Here is my playlist so far:
    Song Before Parents- (Play complete song. Cue to get ready...)
    Golden by Chrisette Michele 

Bridal Party walk down:
    Chrisette Michele - Is This the Way Love Feels

Walk down the aisle to:
    Safest Place by Sade

Exit Song:
    The Truth-India Aire

First dance:
    I Know What Love's All About - Anthony Hamilton

Bouquet Toss:
    Kelly Rowland ft EVE- Like This

Taking off Garter:
    Candy by Cameo

Putting on Garter:
    WAIT (Whisper Song) Ying Yang Twins-EDITED CLEAN VERSION
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This has been on of the few things I still just can't figure out smh. But I think I'm going to have the wedding party walk to Stay by John Legend. Not sure about me yet and the only other song I've decided on is our intro song at the reception that will be Love Gun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony
    - Grandparent/Parents  - Jesu,Joy Of Mans Desiring
    - Bridal Party - Jesu, Joy Of Mans Desiring , Largo From Xerxes
    - Bride - Cannon In D
    - Recessional - All You Need Is Love (The Beatles)

Reception
    Parents/Grandparents - ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Bridal Party - Kanye West " Gold Digger" , Mac Miller "Knock Knock" , LMFAO "Sexy And I KNow It", DOOP DOOP song (Flyers goal song)
    Bride/Groom- Lil Wayne "Fireman" (possible mixture/funny dance)
    Garter Toss- Cops Theme song " Bad Boys"
    Bouquet Toss- Bruno Mars " Beautiful Girl"
    Removal Of Garter- Rod Stewart "Hot Legs"
    Father/Bride Dance- Rod Stewart "Forever Young"  (My dad loves Rod Stewart)
    Mother/Groom Dance - ? They are thinking "The Cha Cha Slide"

• Our bridal party walked in to "A little help from my friends" - The Beatles. We walked in to "Got to get you into my life" - The Beatles. Our first dance was "Wonderful World" - Sam Cooke (no, not that insufferable Lois Armstrong song). I danced with my dad to "Unforgettable" - Nat & Natalie Cole and H danced with his mom to "Sweet Child of Mine" - Sheryl Crow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Picking out songs has been driving me crazy!  I have been obsessed with reading lyrics and listening on you tube! So far this is what we have...but some of them will probably change-
    Parents reception intro- Praise You by Fatboy Slim
    WP reception intro- Party Rock LMFAO
    Our reception intro- Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys (just the music part)
    Bride/Father dance- Nothing's Gonna Change My Love by Sam Cooke (my dad picked it out which makes it even greater!
    Groom/Mother first dance- I Am Your Child by Barry Manilow (his mom loves him)
    Our first dance- Someone Like You by Van Morrison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards