Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hiring a coordinator for the day

I am thinking about hiring a coordinator for the wedding day. Is anyone else doing this. If so how much is she charging? I am going to contact 2 this week and would like to know how much they should be charging. Thanks.
imageAnniversary

Re: Hiring a coordinator for the day

• I did. It was the best decision I made throught the entire process.  Besides my husband. :) I used Mary from Mary Rose Memories and she was really reasonable. Especially for everything that she handled! 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I looked into Erin Proud from Proud to Plan, but she was $1300 for the day and it's just not in the budget right now. She also offers a more basic day of package for $950, but you have to book her less than 3 months from the wedding to use that one... although, you'd only have to wait 3 weeks or so, so that's probably doable! I've also heard good things about Carina from Remember this Day, but I don't have any personal experience or package information.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What Paprika said!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • We're using Nataile Diener—I cannot recommend her more highly, and her prices are great and very customizable. I met her at the Lovesick Expo, and was really impressed with her creativity, go-get 'em attitude, and amazing organizational skills. Here's her site:

Good luck! 
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • I looked into it but they were all charging about $1000 and I really only need them to set up decorations so I decided against it.
  • We're using Cameron from White Ribbons Event & Design.  She's young, fresh, organized, and quick to respond.  We're really using her for mainly running interference (i.e. stopping cars so our photog won't have to), making sure we eat, and setting up decorations, etc. on the day of so we didn't allocate a ton of money for it.  I will say that for her plus an assistant for the day of it was WAY affordable.  Almost embarrassingly affordable.  You basically get the same service level of what others charge for "month of" services.  We opted for the assistant too but if you just book her alone it's even cheaper.  You can PM me if you want to know details.

She was very candid when I asked about her relative affordability.  She said she is relatively new IN THE AREA and that she's still getting herself established.  Now, if I were hiring a full out wedding planner I would not hire her because you rely on that person being well established with deep relationships with many area vendors.  But for day of services, it was perfect.  The best part is, she's new to the area, not to planning weddings.  In fact, her mother ran a successful catering/planning company in San Diego before they moved to the Philly area and she serves as Cameron's assistant on the day of.  

To be fair, I can't provide a recommendation based on the actual day because it hasn't happened yet.  But she has been extremely quick with responses to any communication, very helpful, and has even offered to help give her opinion with narrowing down vendors after we provide her with a few options we like. 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_hiring-a-coordinator-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:be1d0a99-0e36-46ca-9cda-e7f52463554cPost:9b20e85a-9e8e-49c4-b2e9-335f5f88f4eb">Re: Hiring a coordinator for the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did. It was the best decision I made through the entire process.  Besides my husband. :) I used Mary from Mary Rose Memories and she was really reasonable. Especially for everything that she handled! 
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

<div>I also used Mary and I am SO glad I did.  I hired her last minute and I don't know what I was thinking not hiring anyone before.  I'm so glad she was free on my wedding day!  </div><div>
    </div><div>She was able to handle last minute things that popped up, she fixed my mom's hat, my flower girl's flowers, one of my BM's dresses had strap issues.  </div><div>She kept everyone in check/ calm, including me.  </div><div>
    </div><div>She had a list of must take pictures for cocktail hour and organized all the people for me.  She had an emergency kit which we needed several items. </div><div>
    </div><div>I can't recommend her enough! Worth every penny!</div>
  • I'm also using Mary from maryrosememories for my wedding this Saturday.  She hasn't gotten annoyed with me yet (I don't think) so she's already an A+ vendor in my book! hehe.
  • broodC2 I would love more info... But it won't let me send you a PM, when I click it says it can't find you!
  • We used Carina from Remember This Day Events!!  We met with a few coordinators before choosing, and she was the best fit for us.  I'm not sure what her current package prices are (we got married a couple years ago)... but she was very reasonably priced and I feel like we got even more than we paid for!  We had her and an assistant- I am pretty sure she is the lead coordinator at all her weddings, which is nice to have the same person!  If you contact her tell her Lillian sent you!

GL!
    Lillian & Kyle 10.25.08 Michael Andrew- 7.2.11
  • If your looking for someone reasonable i know 2 ladies at my church who does awesome work. they are very professional and they do awesome work. i dont know how much they charge cause i had a DIY wedding but if i didnt want to cut cost i wouldve hired them and they do excellent work. email me at [email protected] for more info. if you need any other vendor i know florists, caterers, bakers and a phlly makeup artist that only charges $40 pp
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards