Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

outdoor reception Philly/ SE PA/ S NJ

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble finding places that allow outdoor receptions (ones that are either tented or on an outdoor deck) in the South Jersey/Philadelphia/Southeastern PA area. A lot of places will let you have the ceremony outside, and then usher you inside for the reception, but we're already having our wedding at a church and just want the reception to be outside. Budget is $15K max and the month is July.

Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: outdoor reception Philly/ SE PA/ S NJ

• Options
    _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Fonthill Museum in Doylestown, or The Independence Seaport Museum, The Rober Morris House,  Philadelphia History Museum or Valley Green Inn all in Philadelphia.
    IDK about them fitting into your budget though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds hot.  My wedding was May 28th this year and I would have hated it have it outside it was hot for real. 

Morris Arboretum, I think  Audubon Center- not sure if that is correct.  
  • Options
    deija97deija97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melrose County Club www.jcmelrosecc.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lynda3683Lynda3683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Tyler Arboretum and Historic Waynesborough. They are both outside in tents and not super expensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brandywine Manor House - the reception is in a permanant tent and I think it is air conditioned, no idea what the price is.

Also Water Works Restaurant has a tented area but they are on the pricer side.

I would definitely do something that is air conditioned... you don't want your guests to have to suffer in the heat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morris arboretum is very inexpensive. Try Curtis Arboretum, Highlands Mansion,  Pen ryn Mansion, The Brossman Center, Ace Conference Center,  there are some other estates that i have names for i could get for you. Does the $15K include food?  All of the venues i just quoted are between $1500-$3000 for the rental. They range then on the preferred caterers, or whether you can bring in your own caterer.  Is there a reason you want everything outside in July? i agree that it may be realllly hot and muggy- you may want your guests to have some sort of inside space as well?
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people?

I'm getting married at Meredith Manor in Pottstown, PA.  It's a tented reception.  125 guest is around 14K and includes center pieces, sit down meal, choice of linens, cocktail hour, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    DKS29DKS29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What venue were you finding around $1500.  I am looking for a venue that has an outside area to get married and inside for the reception.  I am looking for next Sept..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards