Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Checks! Pics

Friday I had my first dress fitting!  I hadn't tried my dress on in a few months, so it was good to get it back on again.  Thanks to oodsies, I am going to Diane for my alterations, she was soo sweet! 

I didn't end up needing my dress hemmed, with the slip and heels, it was the perfect height.  I just need the bustle which I am getting a 5 point bustle, a wee bit of padding put in the top, some hooks to make things more secure for the corset in the back and some of the beading taken off of the flowers underneath my arms so they don't irritate my skin. 

Here is me in the dress. :) I just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out this past week so my face looks kinda swollen haha

Then I also took my one cousin to David's Bridal to get her flower girl dress.  Yes I know really last minute, we added my other cousin on last minute, has to do with some family stuff, but in a good way.  Her dress fit her perfectly and will be in the latest a week before the wedding.  So got 2 big things accomplished :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks! Pics

• Options
    calo1983calo1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooohhh i love the back details!!!
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! And so excited for you to have your dress fitting go so well, ah such a stress relief finding an awesome seamstress!
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You look so pretty! It really compliments you! The bustle looks so pretty too.

And don't worry, I'm taking DD to get her flower girl dress around the same time as you did. She's two, and going through random growth spurts. Seriously- at two and a half, she's over 3ft tall and 35+lbs.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The details are so pretty on the back of your dress! You are going to be stunning walking down the aisle. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on here too much since I've been back home and started at work again.

Calo- thanks, the detail is one my fav things about the dress :)

Diana- Yeah I was soo glad I found Diana,because I didn't want to go to David's Bridal.  Kim actually recommended me to her, thank goodness :)

paprika- Thanks so much.  I was a little worried about the fitting since I have gained a teeny bit of weight since last summer when I got the dress, but I know part of it is the cafeteria food at school is really crappy.  But since I've been home I see that my face isn't as chunky looking and I've lost some weight. 

We added my cousin as a flower-girl last minute.  The school found out her mom was on drugs and took her away from her dad and gave full custody to her dad, my uncle.  So I wanted to include her since her other younger cousins are all involved in the wedding.  Her dress will get here the wedding before the wedding.  Wow that was long! :)

Spangler- Thank you, I love love all the detail on the dress.  When I first started looking I wanted a plain dress, funny how things work out.  Thank you, I am soo excited that it's almost here, 2 months! :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards